We need a revival here.

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
It's been a long time guys. We have been having a hard time getting our group together lately. Danny has been MIA. cold steel is away from home, Jam is....well he's a jam.... Bobert is emo....captain tea has vanished from steam...Me and mustang usually show up on the server for a half hour or so and leave to play CTF instagib on Nox. I want to make a come back. This game is too epic for us to not be active! Especially since epic is coming back with UT 4! Mustang really loves dueling people around his LvL. I was thinking about doing a ToJ tournament ladder duel games, and also if we get enough people, I'd be willing to do small 2 on 2 in house tourney games. Can you guys help me revive this amazing game?

Your chapter leader....

-Mostly

Yeah, it's been a bit hectic around here. I was out of town last week (until it was late and nobody was on) and traveled this weekend too, but I'm back now so I can make it this Monday.

I'm a bit busy to post any of my ideas at the moment because guests are headed this way. I'll try to remember to revisit this thread soon.

As President of Tribe of Judah, I want every ToJ chapter to succeed. I'll do what I can, within reason, to help pick up new activity in the UT chapter.

As a UT2004 fan, I was really disappointed with UT3 and, by extension, Epic. I really wanted to love the game (especially since my wife gave me the Collector's Edition of UT3 as a gift), but I can't help but wish UT3 would never have been released so more people would still be playing UT2004.

I still maintain that Epic has abandoned PC gamers and I'll hold to that opinion until I see proof otherwise (and not just unsubstantiated claims or promises). I'd been a big fan of Epic since the days of Jazz Jackrabbit and Epic Pinball, so I didn't come to my conclusion lightly.

Player bases only diminish as time goes on and UT3's player base was never very large to begin with. At this point, your best bet is to recruit outside ToJ. ToJ members know about the UT chapter, but most don't own UT3 and some of those who do own it don't find it very fun. (I still really enjoy Battle Freeze Tag Arena, but standard deathmatch is a bit of a bore, IMO.)

I think most ToJ chapters could benefit from some external recruiting, though, so don't think of it as a desperate measure. UT3 may not be as popular as some other FPS games, but there should still be enough non-troll players out there to rally around a weekly game night.

EDIT: And as always, you are always welcome to ask for help from me or other ToJ staff members. Many of us, myself included, have been involved in recruiting efforts before. :)

EDIT#2: And maybe we can rotate gametypes for weekly game nights? I know I'd be more likely to show up for a game of BFTA than stock DM.

Last edited:
EDIT#2: And maybe we can rotate gametypes for weekly game nights? I know I'd be more likely to show up for a game of BFTA than stock DM.

The thing is, people have to show up to play other game types. We usually switch over to BFTA as soon as we have 4 on the server on Monday nights, but really at least 6 is best. There's usually at least that many people that end up participating on nights that I am able to attend, but they come in scattered instead of at the same time to get a good team game going.

I am still alive guys, I know it has been forever and a day that I have been able to game at toj with my Brothers, reason is when we moved a few years back (to the country) my DSL is very slow, 356kbs and 80 up which also fluctuates, I now get a ping of 100 in Germany and evertime I connect to either TF 2 or BC 2 my ping is off the charts.
I was talking with Mghty Gerbil a few minutes ago, we have had some fun times here and they will return, keep the Faith :)

I disagree Tek, UT 3 would and could have been a Masterpiece but they removed all the Fun Features gamers loved, not to mention upon release most pc's could not handle the Shine and Gloss of the game which led to very few gamers actually gaming online, LandSlide, ColdSteel, Captain Tea, you(Tek7) and a few very old members were the ones who got me addicted to UT2K4, it is now 04:12 am and I need sleep, God Bless all :D

BB the Crusty Pirate

'Twas a great showing Monday night. I rather enjoyed my (brief) impact hammer killing spree and the Battle Freeze Tag Arena match that followed. Good times, good times.

Back