Web Site

Gyllis

I know it seems that everyone has moved on from Camelot, but that shouldn't be the end. Camelot is still going strong, and the Knights of the Trinity still live on. I was thinking about starting recruiting for new members. I am sure that there are people out there who would love to join in with a group of fellow Christians as they journey through the lands. However, our website is lacking. Many broken links (especially our forums) make the guild look broken. If I knew how to get in and fix the problems, I would. So, if anyone is willing to work on it, or tell me how, I would appreciate it. You don't even have to be playing DAOC.

I had thought about leaving, but after the last couple of times I was on, I have really enjoyed my time, and still see it as a mission field. I know our guild's rules don't include straight out evangelizing, but I am sure that others will attest to how what we do in Camelot can be a witness in and of itself. I have thought about starting the services, again, though very few people actually go to Camelot anymore.

There are a lot of things we can do, but first we need to recruit. I want to post an announcement on the Herald, but would like to have a place for interested people to go to.

For those who have moved on (to WoW and such), I miss you guys, and wish I could join you. However, I don't see that WoW is worth my money, and don't know how well you can witness in game (which is one of the things that drew me to DAOC in the first place). But, I know you all are happy, and I wish you well. Take care and God bless.

Forum link fixed. If there is anything else broken, drop me a note and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I think you have almost a catch-22 with the Trinity. There's nothing active or a lot of fellowship because there's a lack of people; but there's a lack of people because there's nothing active going on. So my recommendation would be for any existing players of Camelot:

First, meet with each other if you can and try to fellowship. Maybe setup some fun adventures weekly or even monthly.

Second, while you are organizing and going out in fun, then you recruit. People are more likely to join an active guild with activities than one that hardly anyone shows up or does anything. But people also like personal attention and recognition as well. So when you do invite people in, make sure you get to know them, spend time with them, treat them special as a member of the family, and try to get them involved in groupings and the like.

As long as you continue this effort as well as 'role play' your character's outreach (your characters could be one of the ones during the dark ages who actually started reading the bible for themselves and bringing about reformation to the current Catholic traditions), I think the Trinity will flourish.

So don't give up just yet, and keep on trying and praying, and see how the Lord blesses your efforts.

Thanks Plankeye

Thanks, Plankeye, for fixing the forums link. There are other problems, as well, but I believe that they may link to info from Mythic. I am not sure. And if that is the case, I am not sure how to fix it. Also the roster is way out of day. I've been in the guild for 2 1/2 years and I'm not listed on that roster. Though, with the small amount of people actually in KoT, I am not sure about how to do the roster. Should it keep members who we are still in contact with (i.e. Jaz, Bled, Malo, Odale, etc.). Some who might not play DAOC anymore, but played a vital role in the guild and still play an active role in fellowship outside Camelot.

Also, to Malohaut, I think your ideas are well thought out. It will be tough to figure out what to do. There aren't many active members in DAOC. I don't think there's enough to really plan a guild event. The Herald says there are 6 active players, and most of them are very sporadic. And, who knows, all 6 players can be the same person with multiple accounts.

However, I was looking at this recruitment as a time to rebuild what once was a great and might community within Camelot. A guild that has fallen due to the wars that rage on outside of Camelot, and have been called on to do other things (whether that be another game or real life committments). It is time for those who are willing to step forward, become a part of Camelot history, and rebuild the guild to what is once was.

The hard part is being exclusive to those who want a Christian community to play in. I don't want to just accept anybody. I have thought about posting on other sites. Promoting the guild to those Christians out there who are in DAOC or who might be interested in joining if they could be part of a Christian gaming community. That is the way I had heard of Kot, was through a post by Malohaut on another site.

Beyond that, I don't know what to do. I have thought about leaving Camelot, but I would really like to get to 50 first. And on the way, hope to rebuild the guild and the ministry. I would just love to leave and join everyone in WoW. But as I said before, I don't think it would be worth my money, and the game doesn't seem that interesting. But who knows what might happen down the road.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to add them.

I know a lot of Christians are on the Percival/Hibernia server under Harbingers of Light (though I don't know how active they are now.)

I do have an idea. There is a web site that offers really good information on running a 'clan.' Although this is a guild and not a clan, it does offer some really good points. Why don't we check this site out together, and discuss its points and how we might be able to implement something like that into the Trinity?

Oh, and good news. I'm getting my computer back, but I still won't have internet access on it, nor do I have my Dark Ages of Camelot CDs. (though I do have my WoW) So maybe in the future, if Camelot is still going strong, I can pop in and help every now and again.

Here's the site I mentioned:

http://www.atomicwarrior.com/clubs/clanbible/

Oh, and Chivah wants to get to 50 also. Hehe. But we'll see.

Malohant It would just be easier if you came back And Prached in camelot again. * Sly Smile* You know you want to

Hehe. You're right. I do. But that would mean buying Dark Ages of Camelot again as I no longer have my installation CDs. So for now, you guys must carry the torch, and I will encourage as best as I can. I am currently trying to work a way to preach in WoW. But for you guys, its much easier. Just regularly walk into the Camelot Cathedral, and preach the bible as though you were telling children. :) I'll be glad to give you ideas and methods if you'd like. And to maybe come up with some fun guild events that are both enjoyable and promote both the guild and the God we stand for. I have faith in you all. :) As does God.

As soon as I get a chance i will acess the website and make the changes I need. Till then let Plankeye know what needs to be corrected as he directed

Back