Website problems

rizz

Am i the onyl person that is having real problems with the new site.
Sometimes it just times out.
at best its going to 22k modem speed
im having to refresh constantly to get the new pages.

My IE really hates it, is there anything i can do
rock.gif

o_O it has constant issues with refreshing. Sometimes even when i refresh a page it doesnt refresh properly. Like i wont see the latest news thing i posted on ToJ even after refreshing.

The only way to get it to work properly is to go internet options and wipe my downloaded files, then refresh. This is mucho annoyingo.

Anyonw know any setting i can change or tweak i can download that stops it being such a pain in the butt ?

If you're using IE, hit Options, go into the Temporary Internet Files "Settings" dialogue, and under "Check for newer...." etc, check "Every visit to the page".

Then decrease amount of space used for IE cache, to something like 10 MBs.

That'll help.

Also, another reason why it's not showing your changes right away is that Cold Fusion is doing it's own caching of the page, in order to increase performance and reduce strain on the DB. That's just a thought though, I don't know for sure.

Cheers,
Shagz

rgr i did that.

will changing the temp internet space to 10mb affect downloading larger files than 10mb ?? Surely it has to store them in temp as it downloads.

doing what shagz said seems to have cleared it up a bit. Im still gonan try opera though and see if its better.

re: the "temp space effecting downloads" - not to my knowledge. If you're downloading something, Windows stores it in another place as you download it (usually in a temp Directory in your windows directory, which is different then the browser cache). The "temporary internet files" stuff only has to do with things that are displayed on the page, and chances are you're going to be displaying anything on a page that's larger then 10 mb, unless it's a video file. Even then, it should still display properly.

Back