What musical instruments do you play?

i have stupid fingers. i tried guitar and piano, neither worked.

Piano, bass, bongos

I don't know the model of my piano, it's from 1910-1920 something, some kind of cable midget but I reeaally want a nice Yamaha keyboard... also, my bongos seem to be generic. My bass is says "Stinger by C.F. Martin & Co." on it. If anyone really cares, I'll post a picture of it, it's not a greeeaat bass but it gets the job done. Then again, I'm not that great at playing bass (I just started playing a month or two ago) soooo it's my fault not the bass's. :p

I play guitar. I have an electric Ibanez, and an accoustic Ibanez. I tell you, those Ibanezes are nice! What I really want is a parker guitar, but they're like $2,000 and I'm just a poor college student eating a sandwich.

I play guitar. I have an electric Ibanez, and an accoustic Ibanez. I tell you, those Ibanezes are nice! What I really want is a parker guitar, but they're like $2,000 and I'm just a poor college student eating a sandwich.
Nice! =) Ibanezes are great guitars.

$2,000 for a guitar huh? thats crazy.
In the land of guitar, the proverb "you get what you pay for" applies heavily. Although, there are many cases where you can find a "diamond in the rough" and get a great guitar for under a few hundred dollars. Example: my Alvarez was $200 with a hard case. Pretty cheap, but I've gotten MANY comments about how great it sounds. On the other hand, I've even played some of the ~$1000+ guitars at Guitar Center, and I don't think some of them sound as good as mine does.

Nice! =) Ibanezes are great guitars.

In the land of guitar, the proverb "you get what you pay for" applies heavily. Although, there are many cases where you can find a "diamond in the rough" and get a great guitar for under a few hundred dollars. Example: my Alvarez was $200 with a hard case. Pretty cheap, but I've gotten MANY comments about how great it sounds. On the other hand, I've even played some of the ~$1000+ guitars at Guitar Center, and I don't think some of them sound as good as mine does.

That kinda happend to me too, i paid $700 bucks for my violin w/ nice bow and my teacher tells me it sounds like a $1,000 violin. so i am happy with mine:D

I have an electric Fender Squier Strat. I bought the starter kit for a couple hundred dollars. So far the only problem I'm having is the sound quality, which I think is related to cheap strings. Pickups & humbuckers all sound pretty good, but I haven't messed with effects yet.

Been taking lessons since early summer - I've gotten a lot better, but I'm still rather dismal. I hide in the basement to play.

My favorite thing to play is Classical Guitar, but I can play a few others as well.

Violin, Trumpet, Cello, Guitar (bass, electic, or acoustic), Mandolin, and Piano

I started Violin when I was three, so I'm sure I could also play the viola since it's essentially the same as the violin but with different strings. I just really despise trying to read tenor cleff!

My favorite thing to play is Classical Guitar, but I can play a few others as well.

Violin, Trumpet, Cello, Guitar (bass, electic, or acoustic), Mandolin, and Piano

I started Violin when I was three, so I'm sure I could also play the viola since it's essentially the same as the violin but with different strings. I just really despise trying to read tenor cleff!
Sometimes i wish i had a Viola, Violins are so high pitched:eek:

I play finger cymbals.

No, really. They're called "zills," and I hate them with a fiery passion. They're not so bad, really, but I have to play them while dancing. It's way harder than it sounds. Plus, we tighten the elastic until the tips of our fingers turn purple. Otherwise, the zill could become a projectile while we dance...

Zils.JPG

I play finger cymbals.

No, really. They're called "zills," and I hate them with a fiery passion. They're not so bad, really, but I have to play them while dancing. It's way harder than it sounds. Plus, we tighten the elastic until the tips of our fingers turn purple. Otherwise, the zill could become a projectile while we dance...

Zils.JPG

What dancing do you do?

Ok my instruments are as follows:

acoustic: a no name canadian brand
electric: music man copy
bass: music man copy
drums: pearl export kit

See a trend. I am a giant tight wad (or I am just poor, 6 years at university will do that to you).

What is amusing is I play them all.....somewhat badly...maybe just badly is a better discription. I am one of the only musicians in my church so I have to play what is needed on the day.

Back