When do you take your easy XP?

Brydon

Legacy of Elijah Officer
As I'm working on a new generation of alts, I'm trying to work out the best strategy for claiming the XP from crafting and exploring the five cities. I kind of see pros and cons to it...

If you wait till LATER, my understanding is that you're gaining more XP because crafting and city exploration gives you a portion of the XP needed for the next level not a set amount. (Although MOST things kinda work this way anyway, so isn't it all kind of a wash?)

But if you do it EARLIER, then you're skipping up to a higher level and thus getting better loot sooner. (Although armor repairs and waypointing/reviving start costing more too.) Plus there's the convenience of having access to your crafted items and to all the waypoints in a city.

So what's your leveling strategy?

(p.s. I apologize, I feel like this is already on the forums somewhere, but I couldn't find it.)

I waited till i was in the 50's and started personal story...the exp is amazing and doesn't take long to do

I open up all the cities first thing, then do three crafts to get as close to 40 as possible.

In addition to getting better loot at higher levels, I find playing most professions without weapons swapping, utilities, and traits to be frustrating. They feel slightly broken until you get at least two utilities and a few traits. They really start to function well when you get access to master level traits.

Not to mention the higher the level, the more options you have available. You can choose from more zones, access more events, and generally have more freedom in how you go about leveling.

As you alluded to, I'm not sure the fact that a % of level 70 is worth a lot more experience than a % of level 20 is all that meaningful since your experience rewards scale with your level in most ways.

Back