WvWvW

tagtarsis

The other night we got a full group of 5 together to go into WvWvW (Eternal Battlegrounds) Our Server was being owned in the WvWvW for the last few days and I realized it was due to a low population of our server. Eridon Terrace has medium population as opposed to the giant server who was killing us having high population.

The implementation of WvWvW is done very well though, and I had a fun time playing the other night.

We started off by taking a supply depot that involved fighting a lot of NPC’s and a few players who showed up to defend the depot.

After that we moved on to the near by keep. Previously we had spent the 4 silver to buy the flame ram and set it up to start knocking on the door. We got through the door rather quickly. We did encounter a bit of resistance mostly on the ground behind us. I however stayed on the RAM and got the door down.

After this we recalled back to our main base of operations to buy a new blueprint for another ram and we headed out for the next location. In hindsight we should have stayed at the first keep and strengthened its defenses and waited for an attack, but we killed one of the supply packs moving for the red team and went to the nearby keep. We got the door down quickly with our ram and after very little resistance took the keep.

We then set our sights on defense of another green keep nearby (this was the only green keep on the map that we had not been part of securing mind you). It showed under attack from the map and so we traveled the short distance to the keep and ran inside past the entire massive horde attempting to take down the door. Quickly we took up defensive positions the ranged people got the enemy off the door a bit and I as a guardian managed to use all of the supplies in the keep to repair the door to half. They continued to attempt to break in but eventually we managed to push them back off the door.

Once we used up the all the supplies, repairing the door all hope seemed lost. Until one of my team mates announced in mumble that our supply mule was under attack just outside the door. Like Captain America I darted out the door with my Shield in hand and took a defensive position next to the weakened pack Mule. I then used my #5 skill off the shield, causing an AOE protection around the pack mule. Inside this bubble our mule managed to make it into our base. Where Gator and myself finished repairing more of the door until the new supplies ran out.

They came back with a catapult and a siege golem, but we held them off for a bit longer, by this time they had retaken the Supply Depot so we had no further supplies coming. We ended up losing the fort we had fought for, but kind of like the Alamo we held off a mass horde of overwhelming numbers for a long time.

The WvWvW is amazing fun! I can’t wait to do more of it.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for a description of your experience in WvWvW. I hadn't tried it yet, but wondered what is would be like. It does sound fun.

So do you get a reward for participation? Is it ever "over" or do you just play a while and then go do something else?

... Eridon Terrace has medium population as opposed to the giant server who was killing us having high population....
Eredon Terrace, just sayin'. xD

After the supplies ran out I decided to use my Guardian's Zealot's Flame to hassle the attackers since I didn't have any range skills to really speak of. I fell off of the keep wall and my dude just got stomped, But it was quite cool when my group chased them away long enough to revive me.
Then the attackers came back and the door got busted in, I chased down a Necromancer burned him to a crisp with Cleansing Flame before his Elementalist friend noticed me, then my dude died from flaming meteors...:D
And despite losing the keep it was still awesome.

Edit: If I remember correctly, the rewards seem to be the same ones that you get from dynamic events. (Experience, Karma and Coins)

Last edited:
Hello!

Just recently joined the forum, and hoping to join you guys next BWE.

Good to see some WvW players here, as that's one of my main interests in GW2. I've played around a bit over the last two BWEs, and I was just starting to feel like I wasn't lost toward the end of the last BWE.

Still haven't decided on a profession, which is limiting me some, because I have to spend time getting a character ready for WvW at the beginning of each BWE.

Is the plan to stick with he same server next BWE?

I expect to be spending a great deal of time in WvWvW, hope to hook up with you all.

Since we seem to be growing interest in PvP and WvWvW, it looks like we may benefit with some people serving as PvP officers. Then LoE can claim forts as our own in WvWvW and do better for our server.

/shameless plug

Nice to see this. I have been having a blast in WVW. PvP was terrible in WoW unless playing on a good arena team. Can't wait to play with everyone in massive WvW battles. This is going to be epic!

Has anybody been doing much WvW since launch?

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Sanctum of Rall so far and the long-term prospects for WvW. While I'm not interested in being on an uber-WvW server, or even need to be on one that wins all the time, I do want to play where there is coordinated leadership in WvW.

So I'm curious if anyone has felt out how our server seems to be doing with that.

We have this wonderful grace period after launch where ANet is letting people transfer freely, but it will take a while for everyone to get to the point where they are really focusing on WvW as a major facet of their play time. It's kind of a dilemma.

Has anybody been doing much WvW since launch?

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Sanctum of Rall so far and the long-term prospects for WvW. While I'm not interested in being on an uber-WvW server, or even need to be on one that wins all the time, I do want to play where there is coordinated leadership in WvW.

So I'm curious if anyone has felt out how our server seems to be doing with that.

We have this wonderful grace period after launch where ANet is letting people transfer freely, but it will take a while for everyone to get to the point where they are really focusing on WvW as a major facet of their play time. It's kind of a dilemma.

There have been a few of us that have tried out WvW a couple of times. This weekend we did more than just the jumping puzzle, but currently with the group we have, about 3 to 4 people, that is where we have had the most fun. I have heard an interest from others that they have an interest in doing some WvW as a guild group, so I have been planning on leading some groups, and seeing how it goes.

I think though, as you stated, that people are not going to want to WvW as much right now because they want to do the PvE and level up first. I think our server will start doing ok with WvWvW after two things happen: the server matching system gets enough information to be matching servers that are close to each other in PvP and after people start playing more WvWvW.

Thanks Dimederwin.

I'm not even that concerned about "how well" the server does, as that there are groups that are interested in trying to provide leadership to the server. It'll be fun to go out as small skirmish groups, but it would be best if those groups were part of a larger strategy. I'm hoping we'll end up with people who are able to coordinate large portions of the server, so that small groups are going out and doing specific, strategic things, and large groups are focused.

Just wondering if anyone's seen that kind of thing yet, or hints that there will be some down the road.

Thanks Dimederwin.

I'm not even that concerned about "how well" the server does, as that there are groups that are interested in trying to provide leadership to the server. It'll be fun to go out as small skirmish groups, but it would be best if those groups were part of a larger strategy. I'm hoping we'll end up with people who are able to coordinate large portions of the server, so that small groups are going out and doing specific, strategic things, and large groups are focused.

Just wondering if anyone's seen that kind of thing yet, or hints that there will be some down the road.

Well, I have lead pvp before on other games, and will probably do it here as well, but currently I am not sure how consistent I will be on.

For what it's worth, I ran across this thread for the first time on GW2Guru. It's a Sanctum of Rall WvW focused thread.

The OP's guild name is a bit off-putting, but members/leaders of a few other guilds chime in about Sanctum of Rall's presence in WvW.

Back