Your first six days in hell.

mrpopdrinker

Your first 6 days in Hell
By Dennis E. RABINEAU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most vacations include an itinerary. You have an idea what you will see and do before you arrive at your destination. The Bible has enough information to project an itinerary for those whose destination is hell. Let's look at the first 6 days.

DAY 1
The trip originates at the gate of death. Since departures are made daily, you are called upon to begin your trip on short notice. Since the journey is only one way, there is no need to concern yourself with return plans.

Your initial point of departure may prove more than a little frightening, as you suddenly realize the finality of your destination. The trip itself will leave you with little time to contemplate what awaits.

As you pass through the doorway of death, you will notice almost immediately that your direction is taking you away from the light toward what appears to be complete and utter darkness. With each passing moment the darkness becomes more intense. At first the absence of light is only annoying, but you feel it becoming more ominous and threatening.

The intensity of the darkness is only matched by the absence of any joyful sounds-no music, no laughter, no sounds of merriment. As you move farther, faint sounds of moaning and wailing become detectable. They seem to be coming through the darkness from every direction. You become aware of a faint light. it flickers like a flame, yet thick clouds of black smoke dance all around it, keeping the flame from casting off any real hope of light.

Suddenly you find yourself obsessed to know what day and hour it is. Already it feels like you've been here for an eternity ... and it's only Day 1.

DAY 2
The continuing darkness is stifling. It's as if something is lurking in the veil of night that surrounds you. You yell, you threaten, you even plead, but to no avail. Whatever it is just stays there, producing fear like you've never known before.

As your eyes struggle to adjust to the dark, you become aware of a new sensation. The heat. It's right at the edge of unbearable. Hot, searing, intolerable heat. Your body craves water. You'd give anything for a drink, and you try unsuccessfully to push that desire out of your mind.

The air is thick, choking, miserable ... and it's just Day 2.

DAY 3
At least you think it's Day 3. It seems like it has already been forever. You've not been able to sleep.

You still can't believe you're here. Where are the friends you thought you would see? The knowledge that they would be here too had brought you some comfort in your lifetime. Where is the fun you thought you would have? It isn't at all like what you were led to believe.

You stumble upon a group of others. You pour out a litany of questions. As they open their mouths, no words come out ... only the sounds of weeping and wailing. Some in the group don't even try to respond. They gnash their teeth, as if in some invisible pain.

You wonder when this nightmare will end. You wonder why somebody can't make it stop ... and it's only Day 3.

DAY 4
How you wish you could send a message to those you left behind. You'd warn them about this place. You'd tell them what it's really like, so they'd never come. The thought of your loved ones coming to a place like this is unbearable. You can't help but think back upon that day when you made your decision to come here. You understood that your rejection of Jesus meant that you would spend eternity in hell but it didn't seem real or important then.

Looking back, you think how foolish you were to reject God's offer of salvation. You wish you could choose again.

You find yourself hoping that your loved ones will choose differently, even though you realize such a choice means you'll never see them again ... never touch them ... never speak to them. What a horrible realization ... and it's only Day 4.

DAY 5
You've become acutely aware of the absence of any good in this place. There's no love, for God is love. There's no joy or peace or goodness, because all of these come from God too. There's nothing sacred, nothing holy, nothing of God anywhere to be found. You're amazed at how evil evil can be.

For the first time since your arrival, you begin to sense the great gulf that is fixed between where you are and where God is. The span is beyond your comprehension as you try to realize the degree of distance that will separate you from God and those who chose to serve Him. God is on the other side of that gulf. Loved ones in Christ are on the other side of that gulf. What a lonely realization ... and it's only Day 5.

DAY 6
Through the darkness you saw a new face today. A new arrival. He stopped to speak with you. You could see the terror in his eyes. He asked questions that you had been asking only days before. You opened your mouth to reply, but all that would come out was the sound of weeping and wailing.

You've just spent your first 6 days in hell. Unfortunately, an unholy, unhappy eternity stretches out before you ... and all because you rejected Jesus. if only....

But wait. The fact you're reading this says you still have a chance. in His mercy, God is giving you an opportunity right now to change your eternal itinerary. "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:2 1).

Oh, friend, do it now ... before it's too late.

(This scenario is based upon verses found in Revelation 20:14,15; Luke 16:20-31; Mark 9:43; Matthew 22:11-13.)

This article is used by permission.
D.E. Rabineau is pastor of Evangel Chapel (Assemblies of God) in Bridgewater, New Jersey. This article originally appeared in the PENTECOSTAL EVANGEL, MAY 4, 1997

oh no

actually, that made hell seem a lot LESS worse than i had ever imagined it.....thanks, pop! oh well, in the words of a fellow infidel, "Smile, Hell doesn't exist!"

I enjoyed all of the sensory descriptions (including "you body craves water) consider in hell i have no body - its my soul that is being tortured, correct? I can't remember the last time my sould felt, tasted, saw, heard, or smell anything

it was cool how they said
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You've become acutely aware of the absence of any good in this place. There's no love, for God is love. There's no joy or peace or goodness, because all of these come from God too. There's nothing sacred, nothing holy, nothing of God anywhere to be found. You're amazed at how evil evil can be.
that's cool, cuz i thought God was omnipresent *shrug*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Looking back, you think how foolish you were to reject God's offer of salvation. You wish you could choose again.
####. (ation)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But wait. The fact you're reading this says you still have a chance. in His mercy, God is giving you an opportunity right now to change your eternal itinerary. "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:2 1).

Oh, friend, do it now ... before it's too late.
Scare tactics are sad.
sad.gif

Anyways, that all sounds very biblical!!!! *rolls eyes*

One last thing. No it is not your soul alone it is all three. The sinners who did not choose life will be given new bodies that cannot burn. Just as the sinners who chose life will be given new bodies that do not get sick.

Show me where it says that.

And also, just believing in something does not make it true (not even in the sense of relative truth).

The best I can give you at this time would be Revelation 20:11-15. Just believing hell doesent exist doesent make it go away and believing it exists does not make it come agreed. It exists because God made it for satan and his angels (demons).

Correct. So assuming the Christian God exists, Hell exists. However, I believe he does not. Hell does not scare me =\

Now, Revelation 20:11-15

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
20:11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.

20:12And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, F109 and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

20:13The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

20:14Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. F110

20:15And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
[/quote]

I see nothing about the d@mned being given new bodies. I know the saved are, but not those destined for Hell.

i suggest you read.. "case for christ" and i mean.. you can ignore it.. but you cant disprove it....

oo... wel he should read it again
tounge.gif
and try to be open to it

Pop is correct. Why do Christians so love to flute that book around? Even if it was written by a former atheist (as it does not seem to be), there have been plenty of Christians who have gone to atheism, too (me, Medjai, and J for three). The "case" presented in it is wholly biased and is really not convincing at all. I'd love you to show me some things that "cannot be disproven", as I do not have the book in my possession. So, I welcome any quotes and excerpts from the book you might bring forth.

Just speaking for myself.

I was where most of the Christians on this board are at one point. I was a Baptist, I was non-denominational, I was a Roman Catholic (obviously not at the same time).

I then bcame nominally Christian (in the sense that many Christians are, IMNSHO), then I became a Deist, and now...I lack a belief in a higher power.

I'm not a strong atheist (one who says there is no god), but rather, I just don't see the evidence, and therefore give equal credence to Jehovah as I (and I dare say all of you) give to, say, the Hindu deity Shiva.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Oct. 07 2003,8:20)]so...agnostic?
*sigh*

Not at you. :)
OK, on another board, there is a huge deal about the labels "atheist" and "agnostic."

What most people would term "agnostic" is actually "atheist," that is, no belief. "gnostic" refers to knowledge...so a "gnostic theist" would be a person who has a belief (theism) and knows that there is a god (gnostic). I would say that that includes most Christians here...you know god and you believe.
An "agnostic theist" would be one who believes in a god, but doesn't feel it is knowable. Someone who says that "I'm spiritual, but not religious" could be an example...they beleve there is a god...but do not feel that they could know it.

Then you have agnostic atheists. I don't believe in god, but I am NOT saying that there isn't a god...I just don't see convincing evidence.

Finally you have gnostic atheists. They say there is no god. (they don't believe (atheist) and they know (gnostic))

I have no desire to argue these definitions with anybody. If you don't agree with them...no problem.
smile.gif

Call me an agnostic (even though I would be an agnostic atheist). And I have seen the dictionary definitions.
smile.gif

Like I said...the definitions came from another board.

i agree with Big J

basically, though, there are theists, atheists, and agnostics, many of whom, such as myself, "default" to atheism

the label just basically tells you how strongly they affirm their belief/disbelief

you people are weird... i wasnt saved.. then i got saved// adn the feeling.. wow.. i could NEVER let that go.. ever... just haveing God in my life.. is so awesome.. adn for thoes of you.. who said you had that. .adn now dont believe... well.. then i believe you never were saved.. adn you never did believe in God.. mayb you jsut went to church.. but about that book.. sorry.. im kinda new to this forem thingy.. i didnt know people talked about it a lot.. i jsut got finished with it.. and it was awesome.. so SORRY

Does the title matter? I have God or no. The possession of acceptance is what does count, I believe.
I will not lend credence to Shiva any more than I shall Vishnu any more than the Hare Krishna of their storytales any more than I will Spaceman Spiff's reality.
The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith...pretty decent books. I enjoyed the Faith one thoroughly, although, admittedly, there were some pretty big holes in a few of their arguments that I didn't feel altogether comfortable with. It was as if he went to the wrong source for citation of maintaining or advancing Christian faith. They did not do the best job.

Why not flaunt the Bible as much as Strobel? Dunno. But we don't.
Again...the title does not matter. I hate being called religious, or churchy. I despise it. I am NOT a religious person. I am NOT a spiritual person. All man, theist or no, have a spirit, regardless of whether or not they acknowledge it. Reality only differs via perception. Reality is set in stone. Perception is not. The reality that God is...I believe that He is. And not just because he says that he is. That's circular and stupid. I believe it because of no reason I can expound upon or make clear to any one here. It is, as they say, a personal relationship with God.

And here's a question I like, but not sure if it stands up on its own: what's to lose in accepting Christ? Either way, you are able to lead what society would deem a "moral" or "good" life, and what the peers at church would deem "Godly" and "spiritual" and earning you "crowns and crowns and crowns in heaven." It doesn't matter what they say, so long as you do. Concentrate not so much on the results, I suppose, as you do the actions. The laying of the seeds will be the work that produces the trees, if indeed, the seeds are the truth. The truth of God? I believe so. If I'm wrong, what have I to lose?

Again, holey. This could be applied to any following, any deity, any spirit or whatever. And I don't know how to answer that. YES I am weak. YES I doubt. YES I don't know if my prayers are worth crap or not, because I can't tell if whether or not my prayers had any influence on the outcome. Pray for Medjai and his situation. Well if my prayer (which will remain to me and God) comes true and Medjai mentions what I prayed, how am I to know if that's because of my prayer or other prayers? How do I know that if none had prayed, it would have occurred without the prayer?
I don't know, and I can't answer a lot of questions. But for me, the questions won't bar me from heaven, and they won't get me there. Obedience won't either. The acceptance will.
And for me, I have accepted. Label me what you will. It doesn't matter. Labeling yourself is pointless as well. The definitions of God have changed for me over the years. First it was a really cool Dad-figure. Next it was a kinda sympathetic-helper guy. Next it was an almighty judge. Next is where I'm at: inscrutable, indecipherable, truly unknowable until we meet face to face.
Perceptions my friend, seem to be the keys to it all.

Hey Ultima, long time no see!

About Pascal's Wager, you already said that you know it can be applied to any deity out there, so why'd ya mention it?

As for the Case for books, all they are good for is reinforcing the faith of one who already believes.

Take, the feeling you got when you were saved is what you're holding onto, eh? That emotional high from "knowing" that when you die, you go to a better place? Good for you.

When I lost my faith, it was an even more incredible feeling. A coming to grips with reality. A freedom from religious bias. An opening of my mind. Nothing can compare to an open mind, my freind.

And trust me, I was saved, by all means of the (Protestant) version of being saved.

That emotional high...ha. I never experienced it. I said I believed in God without knowing what God is when I was about six. I said the same when I was about ten. The same about thirteen, and from then-on to now, fifteen, I have debated what God is. And here are some conjectures I've arrived at from the Bible and personal thought:
God is cruel. And God is love. And God is merciful. And God is true. And God will be.

Never did I get that "high" that so many Christians seem to think makes them Christian. It's more than that, but they'd prefer deafness to reality. Huh. Maybe it's just common sense, but God hasn't given me a high, though I know he's there...it's just those miracles that I can't say are definite miracles and those feats that I can't say are definite feats.

As for Pascal's Wager, I am unfamiliar with the term (hence, I never posted in the Pascal's Wager topic I don't think).

Back