To all web developers....

rizz

If you are a web developer then maybe you would be interested in joining the ToJ web team. Maintaining the ToJ site requires a high level of knowledge and commitment. It is a great way to serve this community and God.

I am sure Tek will post with the exact requirements of a ToJ web developer..lol

If you are interested then please email me (rizzrat AT gmail DOT com)

/bump..

Which language you code in doesnt matter. Graphics will be taken care of (by myself and anyone else who volunteers).. what we need is someone who can code up a database driven site either from scratch or using a content management system base.

/bump..

Which language you code in doesnt matter. Graphics will be taken care of (by myself and anyone else who volunteers).. what we need is someone who can code up a database driven site either from scratch or using a content management system base.
I'm not certain if this is true.

The current sight is PHP, do we know if they're hosting on a Linux or a Windows box? If it's Linux then you can't use .NET. If it's Linux, there's not a lot of chance of using Ruby on Rails.

It was at one time, a Windows box, which allowed for ASP/ASP.NET, PHP and Coldfusion, but did not support JSP, or Ruby on Rails and support for CGI scripts was probably iffy at best. But I am not certain if that's still the case.

I was under the impression that the server was dictated by the website.. so if we made a new site from scratch, then we would pick the hosting to suit. (of course that may be wrong)

I was under the impression that the server was dictated by the website.. so if we made a new site from scratch, then we would pick the hosting to suit. (of course that may be wrong)
True, if we discarded all ColdFusion code, we could move to a PHP/mySQL host and save some money, but I'd want to be certain we're ready to move before doing so.

/bump

We are currently forming a team of people to start a project of a new toj site built on a CMS called Joomla.. If you have any experience of this or just want to get involved then please let me know and we can give you access to the forum.

if you move to a pure php/mysql(not mssql) environment then your hosting options explode and your costs go through the floor.

We have decided to forgo using joomla. There were only a few problems with the current site so I decided to fix them all. Thus far I have gotten most of the original bug reports done.

But anyone with good PHP/MySQL experience would be greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

But anyone with good PHP/MySQL experience would be greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

Indeed..

Yes the website is /almost/ there.. we are currently working on a few more fixes and looking at a new theme for it.

Everyone buy VK some cake if you see him.

Back