Testimonies

Malohaut

Testamonies

Moderator's Note: Two threads calling for forum members to post their testimonies have been merged, resulting in this thread.

Okay everybody. I want each and every one of you to give your personal testamony here. Tell us a little about life before salvation. How did you come to accept Christ? What is life like after salvation? Please share for the edification of all here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellas, I believe many of you have stories that begin like mine. Ahem.

See, there was this girl...

that I really liked in high school. So, I asked her out on a date, and she said "Sure, why don't you come to church with me?" My jaw must have dropped about three feet. I thought that was really strange, and didn't follow up with it, but she invited me to this early morning Bible study at school. I figured since I wasn't doing anything anyway, that I'd go.

I wish I could say that I understood what was going on, but I didn't. We watched this Carman video, I thought he looked like a 50 year old white guy trying to rap (still do-- what was he thinking with Mission 3:16?). Anyway, she invited me out to this all-night lock-in that Saturday, so naturally I agreed.

That was where I met my wife, who made me forget all about that other girl. I started dating her, and her parents pretty much hated the fact that I was Catholic (non-practicing). So, anyhow, after being with her for a few months, I finally decided to get serious about God and look into it myself. One night, I was thinking about it, and I finally just asked Jesus to enter my heart.

I'm not sure if I would consider myself saved at that point. All in all, I didn't change and had no desire to. In fact, when I went off to college, I pretty much forgot about God for a while and did my own thing. I even went as far as to break up with my then-girlfriend, now-wife, basically because she wasn't there. Ultimately, my lifestyle left me feeling empty and lonely.

I quit that college after Christmas, due to depression causing me to fail most of my classes. Back in my hometown, I got brought to a high school/college ministry by a buddy of mine, and at that point I gave my life over to Jesus. I was tired of trying to live my way. After a few weeks, I called up my then ex-girlfriend, now-wife, and asked her for forgiveness. The flame was rekindled, and within a month or so, the two greatest love affairs of my life began anew.

Here is my testimony. Please bear with me, it is a bit long

I grew up in a Presbyterian Church. I was confirmed, baptized, an active volunteer, was even looking to going to a Presbyterian College to get a theological degree. When I was 15 or so I started questioning my faith. I saw things going on in the church that did not match with what scripture taught. My minister got divorced and immediately remarried, gossip was rampant, and many of the prayers were robottically repeated every week. So I started exploring other religions.

I first looked into Judaism. I had exerienced a lot of it due to freinds. I tried to talk to a rabbi, but did not get many answers. So my quest continued. As things would turn out, a new age store opened in the area. I started going in and reading about Eastern Religions, Native American Religions, even Modified Christianity (for lack of better term. Those religions that would claim Christ as "saviour" then add things on to Him). The Eastern religions were okay, but since I was also a part of the feminist movement (or whatever it had evolved into) I wanted to get in touch with a more balanced or slightly feminine religion. So, Native American religions drew me in. The thought of a mother earth and all of the different ceremonies really appealed to me. Since I was working in a new age store at this point, I had all of the resources available to me to study them.

This led to participating in their ceremonies, including Sweat Lodges, Vision Quests and mediations on a regular basis. I learned about reincarnation, past life regression etc. I no longer celebrated any traditional holidays. My holidays were celebrated by the phases of the moon. While this was partially satisfying my desires, I still wanted more. I suddenly discovered Wicca. Some of the people I had known for a while now were Wiccan and introduced me to the religion. I began learning more and more and getting deeper and deeper involved in it. I embraced the night and anything magical, enchanting or mystical.

By this point, I was living with a long time boyfriend. The relationship was not really heading in a positive direction. We had different desires and goals and when I expressed my wishes, things at home became not pleasant. He had introduced me, though, to chat rooms, PM's, IRC etc. Many times we would both be on our respective computers typing away, but not saying a word to each other. We were involved with an online Pagan community where we met some interesting people. After a trip to Florida to meet some of them, my boyfriend decided he was moving down there. He packed up and left. I have not seen him since.

So here I was, on my own and out of a relationship for the first time in many many many years. While I played a lot, I also thought a lot. The whole time, something was still missing from my life.

4 months after my boyfriend left, I hooked up with a friend of ours online. We started chatting which soon evolved into nightly phone calls. 5 weeks later, I planned a vacation to go and meet him since he lived in a beach / vacation destination town. Things went along very well. The only area that was a bit awkward was our religious preferences. He was a Christian now (formerly pagan) and I was still Wiccan. Our relationship continued and about 3 weeks later he led me to Christ. We both were baptized together about 8 months after we met and a year (and a couple months) later, we got married. Now, Hescominsoon and I have been married for 2.5 years.

We continue to work on our relationship with each other and with God. What a ride it has been so far :)

Gen

I wrote my testimony and want to thank Malohaut For getting me to do it. It took two days and its 5 pages long. I would have to rate it PG 13 (LOL) it was very therapeutic. It gave me the change to really see the changes in me. Mostly the Mental and emotional changes The Lord Jesus Christ has done for and to me. I wasn't gonna post it due to its length. I did shortly, but after reading it on the board. I decided to against posting it publicly. Some of the situations in there are embarrassing to me, and I do not want our Younger readers to feel I was condoning my actions. I am not. I was shown favor by God. Its extremely Personal and graphic, So if you wish to read it, pm or email me your email Address and I will send it to you. Its way to long for PM

Last edited:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the Christian Gamers Alliance web site included a section for Testimonies. Since we lost our web site and long before, activity on that front had died down. I want to create a new thread strictly for community members to post their testimonies.

I'd like to keep to an open format, but I would ask that everyone stay on topic.

That being said, I would ask all Christians in this community to post their personal testimonies.

EDIT: Linking to a web page or blog entry with your testimony is cool, too.

Last edited:
/bump

Every Christian has a testimony. Please take a few minutes to write and post yours. You don't have to include any personal information; just share with others what God has done for you.

my testimony's none too impressive, at least to me, but here goes anyway:

My parents are both Christians, both raised by Christian parents. My dad even tried a bit in Seminary, but didn't finish. I've gone to Baptist churches just about all my life, never had much exposure to other denominations, save for working at a Methodist church camp this past summer. I was 'saved' and baptized at about age 9, was in Bible Drill, and all the good 'church' things. My freshman year of college, I started going to this wierd cell-based church, of which I am still a member, through many trials and tribulations, including the almost death of this collective body. Various things led to my decision that I'm not really Baptist, that I'm just a Christian, and that's all that matters. Although I've still got my sins we're(God & I) dealing with, that's just a matter of human nature & my own quest for personal perfection until the day I see God face to face.

wierd i thought i posted mine, oh well here goes:

I ve grown up in a christian family and have always believed in God. for a while i was a "technical" christian, where i was more or less following the "law" and trying to do everything perfectly, then i was like a n00b zealot on the religous forums here, i never did anything wrong but i spent bout 14 posts a day there for a couple months. It took a while but i finally understood grace, and i believe its really helped me, i understand more that its about me n JC, so i continue to try and do my best to glorify God to the utmost of my abilities and whatever ways he empowers me to do His will with

My love story through His eyes

This was completely inspired by God and although it doesn't include every little detail, it is still pretty long. My prayer is that it will bless others and help them realize that there is a God, a Savior, a Lord... Jesus Christ, who loves them beyond comprehension. And that Jesus doesn't care what religion you are, He wants a relationship with you! It is because of that relationship that "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world!"

I came from a religious background
and severely broken home.
The youngest of 10 children
raised by mother alone.

I went to church
every time Sunday came
I’d get slapped for fidgety feet
and had lunch on the brain

I was taught when to stand
kneel, sing and pray.
But all religion taught me
was how likely I was to disobey.

I didn't know God
I only knew about him.
And if my broken life is his love
I was better off without him.

Living the American dream
or is it the American curse?
That 6 of us 10
were once or more divorced.

Fatherless sons
and motherless daughters
And each one conveniently
blames it on the other

So I made myself a deal
I would break the chains.
The history of my family
would never repeat again.

Lost in self-confidence
and driven by rage
fueled by a father
who chose to walk away.

"I will never fail,
I will never hurt another!
Not the way he did
when he abandoned my mother!"

I etched that on my heart
and perceived it in my mind
That became the fire
that fueled my life's climb

I graduated with honors
8th in my class
I was awarded a scholarship
college came to pass

I was a professional!
A programmer by trade!
I had money to burn
and a new stang w/ a V8! :cool:

Mine was the life to envy
or so I thought
But when you get to the top
that next step is a drop

I didn't want to be famous
or make a million dollars
I was a dreamer,
I wanted to be a father to twin daughters

But there I was
at the end of my second breakup
And this one had me convinced
that "Love was not enough."

Over 14 years
devoted to this thing… love
If this is its reward
Then it’s something I want no part of

I had money, a nice car,
electronics that filled my place
But yet all around me
was the vastness of empty space

And on my bedroom floor
I came face to face with the fear
that here knelt a boy
of over 30 years

"You did it all for love
and love walked right out the door.
There is nothing else,
nothing else for you to live for."

The voice was loud
and it was so very convincing
I am ashamed to put into words
the thoughts that I was thinking.

So in desperation
my mind cried to the ceiling
Because quite honestly
I didn't know if anyOne was listening

"If this is all there is to life
then take it from me!
Please give it to someone else!
Someone who's worthy!"

In the stillness,
ever so gently and ever so sweet
I heard a voice full of love
begin to speak.

"If you mean what you say
and you are done living your life,
then come...
I will show you the meaning of life!"

I don't know how I knew
but I knew that it was...
the voice of the Almighty
breaking through to my heart

He brought to mind
a coworker from 5 years past
A christian who witnessed to me
whom I had shot down fast

Nathan was his name
and his father, Pastor John
a small little church
but one at the center of God's heart

an email, an address
a faithful Sunday morning
a 45 minute drive
that began the greatest Journey!
... ... the journey home!

I fed on His word,
which I had never feasted on before.
But in all of His wisdom
He showed it to me...
engraved on my heart's door.

He showed me who I was
and why I was made to be!
In all of my brokenness
He revealed Himself to me!

He sent me an angel!
Her name is Laura Mszar!
Beauty so radiant!
But brighter still is her heart!

Amidst her pain
She showed me God's love
That as her Dad was passing to heaven
She brought me back to life here on earth.

He showed me His love
through Laura first
All the emotional tingles
that makes you want to burst

Until I believed
That no love was greater
And then He showed me
His love, our Creator's

For God so loved me,
a sinner to the nth degree
That He gave His only Son
That I may be set free

That Jesus Christ
heir to the throne of God
willingly stepped down
so that I might not be lost

I was a sheep
hopelessly lost and gone astray
but my Shepherd died to save me
and now my heart willingly obeys

So I had to ask
"What did I do that is deserving of this?"
Jesus answered "It is nothing you've done nor can do,"
then He smiled "it is My love that is poured out for you... and it is endless."

Thank you Jesus
That I do not have to go it alone
For I've been there, done that
and failed miserably on my own

But it is You in me
that I may face the world!
Your indwelling Holy Spirit
is my strength to endure!

“Greater love has no one than this,
that he lay down his life for his friends”
Greater still is God’s love for you
which has no beginning and will never see an end!​

PunkiMonki, that was amazing. Pure amazingness. God surely has blessed you! Write us another!

And for my testimony... I don't really have one... :( reminds me of that cross movement song... "I thought my testimony was less than holy..." Anyone know the song?

I lived with my now husband for nearly ten years before I was born again..
He saw such a difference in me, because my old person was crucified and I recieved the Life of the Lord Jesus, that he still gets confused between the two-haha

Well. I will condense my Testimony.... on the off chance that ANYONE reads this, considering how deep it is in the thread history.
Ready
Set
GO!!!

I grew up in a Christian home; yet all i saw in the home was hypocrisy. At a very young age i did learn from my parents. I was a Christian in Church, yet outside i didn't have to act like i really did "love God" *whatever that really meant* (a thought i got alot as a kid)
At around age 12, i didn't really understand what i believed. Since I've been a kid, I've always needed to know "why". I always wanted to know why i was here, why i was created, and how did this HUGE planet come to be. I started researching any religion i could find (or at least an answer to my questions). I researched (please excuse my terrible spelling) Budisim, Hinduism, Mormonism, Atheist, Judaism, and Christianity.
Well, God has his hand on my life ever since i was a kid. Every religion i researched, somehow, i found flaws in (and if i didn't find flaws in, i thought the religion to be to "far-out" ). The list was now down to the three religions i thought were even believable: Christianity, Atheist, and Budisim (as i kid, for some reason i thought Budists were cool... i don't know why). Atheist, as my research deepend, i thought was to much left up to chance; and as i got serious about Budism, i found (in my own mind) what a nonsense lifestyle it was.
Well, that left Christianity, and i wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with Christianity because of the hypocrisy i had seen in my home.
When i entered Junior High, i had.... one real friend (thanks Atown) and he didn't even go to my school. I found a o.k. group to hang out with, yet non of them were actually my friends. Everyone in this group would turn around and stab me in the back, as long as it would help them.
My brother was someone i would always look up to because i saw that he had ALL these friends, and he was this huge popular guy. I seriously wanted to know how he got so many genuine friends.
My brother invited me to go to this "youth group". That is where a bunch of kids my age get together and hang out. HEY, i wanted good friends, where else to find them but the church; everyone in the church is suppose to be all "loving" they would hang with me.
Long Story short, the youth group i went to invited (and actually paid for) me to go to this retreat. At this retreat i saw a drama take place that would change my life forever. God really showed up into my life at this time. He showed me that not everyone is perfect, i can forgive my family for not being perfect Christians (haha, perfect Christian, oxy-moron). That the Christian life is the only true life. That God Satisfies all my needs, leaving nothing at guess.

God really met me, and i've never been the same person. I have many other stories to tell of my Life. Stories of God's deliverance, God's faithfulness, and God's mercy.
Please, ask any time. I would love to share some of my story.

At some point I will post my testimony but right now I basically can't say anything without getting too personal. I think we should sticky this or give it its own section again. I'll come back to it when I'm ready.

Back