Exhortations Week 1 - Tek7

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another.... - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

This might be cheesy, but I'm hoping the community will help me out with this. I had an idea of starting a regular thread devoted to building up one member of the CGA community each week. At the end of a week, the person we've encouraged that week will choose another member for the following week.

All you do is just offer some words of encouragement...whether it's something you think is cool about the person, insight for some trial the person is going through, you want to say thanks for something he/she did that was helpful to you, etc. It doesn't have to be in bullets...it was just easier for me.

Sorry if this is corny...PM me if you have suggestions for improvement or you think it's a dumb idea altogether. If anyone can think of a better thing to call it than "Exhortations," let me know that, too.... In youth group, we called it "Affirmation." But when I looked that up, it sounded more like the "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it...etc." kind of thing. :)

Anyway, I'll start with Tek7. I chose him for a few reasons:
  • I guess he's kind of an obvious choice, being the CGA president and all...
  • He could use some extra encouragement since the job search/money thing kind of has him down
  • Okay, I admit, as his wife...I'm a bit biased.

Biased or not, the fact remains he's an awesome guy, he loves the Lord, and he seeks to love Him more each day. :)

Here are just a few other things that make Tek great:
  • He's super smart!
  • He's an excellent writer
  • He looooves me...and he's great at making me feel loved. :)
  • He's very responsible
  • He genuinely cares for others
  • He's passionate about this ministry and others
  • He makes me laugh :)
  • He makes really good sandwiches!
  • He's a rather talented kisser...I'm sure none of you care, but I couldn't just leave this point out! :D

Okay, your turn! :)

"So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:22-25 (The Message)

Last edited:
I think the fact that Tek has stuck with and has lead CGA and ToJ for half of a decade speaks volumes about his dedication and love for the community, and for Christ.

I think he's a great role model, in that he never appears to become overwhelmed and pressured in a culture, time, and even perhaps a situation when it may be easy to become so. Instead, Tek is always upbeat and is quick to offer words of encouragement. I also like how he notices when people are trying to push the community forward; he realizes this is a team effort, and he takes notice of the people who help.

Finally, Tek is incredibly humble. He's easy to talk to, and that is a great characteristic, especially for a leader.

Very cool thread btw, Ember :)

First off, Tek is and has been my best friend for countless years now. He's a true friend that stays by you through thick and thin. His honesty, virtues, loyalty, and reliability are above reproach. God could not have blessed my life much more than when he blessed me with Tek. He is an inspiration to many including myself and my life would truly not be the same without him.

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another.... - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Indeed. :rolleyes:

These are old things, though maybe he still plays them.

He was a Zerg player in Starcraft.
He loved Team Fortress and Natural Selection, mods of Half-Life.
He was "Deagle-Beagle" in CS (Or something among those words). :D
A real born leader, sarcastically speaking.
I concur with Bowser, a great role model, though not mine.
To-the-point, talker/chatter/person, which I like.
Tek7 is a few of the existing people I've known since the previous old allies of ToJ (Though, I reckon most of you don't know what I'm talking about :cool: ).

He has demonstrated great levels of patience and understanding regarding the Religious Discussions forum. There was a point when I had to cringe before sending a PM regarding whatever issue had come up in RD (there were a lot of issues that came up). Through all of the bumps in the past 2 years, he has always listened (read through) the situations and supported the decisions made.

I know things have been rough over the past couple years. Many Changes...

Thanks Tek for hanging in there and leading us through them

Gen

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

I would have to say that Tek has a strong sense of perserverance. There have been many times over the years I've seen things not go as expected and Tek has always stuck it out. Regardless of if it has been over people, money, time, etc, he's always rode it out with encouragement instead of throwing in the towel or visibly showing too much frustration.

Hang in there, you know that God has a plan and sometimes we tend to tell God what we want His plan to be and get frustrated when it doesn't come to fruitation. All in His time for His glory. :)

Cory

Great thread...btw.

Tek...Everyone loves you, you love God.
At a time where I was deciding to give up on-line gaming because my son and I were wading alone in through a virtual world more perverse than the real world at times, we found the CGA. It gave me new hope and strength, thank you brother for your faithfulness.
My gift---a scripture to help keep your chin up....I know you know this, just refreshing your memory of God's word.

Matthew 6:26---Behold the fowls of the air:for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

oh...wait....I have been spending alot of time in prayer this week and this came to me as I was typing the last scripture...

1 Corinthians 3:16---Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

hmmm...I pulled out my greek/hebrew study bible...watch this...the word temple in Greek is Naós the transliteration of the Holy of Holies (the innermost sanctuary of the temple.).

ok this could turn into a sermon, sorry but I tend to follow a lead when God tells me to, I have already been swallowed by Jonah's big fish once and don't want to go there again.:) But I think I was given this scripture to pass on to remind you that God's STRONG presence is with you at all times and he is not going to let this *points at Tek* Holy of Holies get torn down.

Anyway Tek...keep your focus, and God will provide, You are a good man. Thank You brother.:D

I have not had the pleasure of truley getting to know Tek all I know is when he demands to be added back into the Guild Wars guild when he was kicked because he was inactive for awile and were out of room.... Sorry bro :). But when you have people say nothing but good about this man that speaks volumes to me. Thank you Tek for leading this awesome group!

I've only had the pleasure of hanging out with him once on Teamspeak while playing on a UT pub server. He's just a cool guy, he's fun to listen/talk to, he was giving my skills undeserved praise which is always nice to hear, and he seems to have a lot of really dead on opinions on different things. Plus, he's the leader of CGA, how can you go wrong with this guy?

Oh, I had the impression we were going to use this thread for praises for everyone.

Tek was actually supposed to make a new one for a new person yesterday...but he had a reallllly long day...I'm not sure he even got online except to check his work schedule for today. I'll get on his case when he gets home *grin*

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! :)

Even if this event is officially over, I must add one last good point about Tek which is that his facial hair is nothing short of epic.

Back