Defenders of the cross 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valde Excessum

Hello all. I have come to this forum mainly because I don't know where to post this. I hope this is ok.

First of all, I do not totally understand what all is going on between us and the alliance, but have heard only one side of the story.... I have since read the other side of the story here. I wanted to post a reply, but it was already closed. As far as I can tell, our guild as a whole is being punished without even hearing from us. Now whether or not there are other posts on other forums I do not know. I am saddened to think that because of whatever has been said (aka typed) in game from one or more members of not just our guild, but of another, that now we have been kicked out of the alliance. From what I have been told Manny was joking around and it got blown out of proportion. Am I saying that what he said about selling accounts was right, or how he responded to alliance members was right? No, I am not. I was not there and did not see it myself. Was he or the other person involved approached in the right way? I don't know this either. I am not here to pass blame or to stand up for anyone. I have alot of , what I feel to be, close friends in this alliance and I would hate to lose contact with them. We are if you actually think about it ..... family. All one body, here for one purpose. To serve God and do our best to be like Christ. I am very sorry that it had to come to this and I hope we can at least come to some kind of understanding. The only thing is now though, even if we were to be allowed back in the alliance, we would be looked at differently I am afraid. I am an officer in [cros] and no one has ever said anything to me when I have been on about this. Hank did mention it to me last night, but we thought the issue had been resolved. I cannot say that I am not a bit upset about this, because now, the whole guild is punished because of the actions of one. Whether he was joking or not. I am not mad I don't guess, just dissappointed. Anyway, I have rambled long enough. Just wanted to at least be able to speak out for my guild and friends. Thanks for all the great times and I hope to speak to you soon. My in game is Valde Excessum if you want to catch me there. I will try to check this thread again later, if I can find it again. LOL Big forum here.

p.s. How do I attach my siggy here?

God bless :):cool::)

Welcome to our forum, Valde! To add/change your siggy, just go into the User CP and go from there.

If you've read this thread, then you know the reasons for the kick. Just know that it was a very difficult decision.

I can't speak for Derk, or why he made this decision. I have a lot of guesses, and they're probably right, but that's specifically something for him to address. I'll answer for me instead.

I support and agree with this 100%, and it seemed to me that other officers on the XFire forum did, too. For me, this was not an isolated incident, but far from it, especially with a certain other [cros] officer (other than Manny) in particular. I guess in my mind, the amount of occurances over the amount of time I have personally observed from [cros]leadership plus seeing nothing done does not equate to a goal of "to serve God and do our best to be like Christ." I can only guess that you have seen a lot more of it than I have. I would be more than happy to talk about specific things via PM or in game, though.

I am sure there is a lot of good that I have not seen as well, and I do feel sad that we may miss out some relationships. I do not believe anyone is trying to shun [cros].

Ultimately, this isn't about imperfection, in my mind, it's about direction.

Valde,

First, welcome to our forums.

I think I'd rather handle this topic one-to-one through our PM system (look in the top right corner of the page). I don't have time to go into detail and give my response a proper level of thought there now, but I'll write a response to you later.

In the meantime, I will be closing this thread. I don't want any finger pointing or accusations. I think anything we say in public on this matter will only risk further hurt feelings and that is definitely not my intent.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back