Kurzick or Luxon?

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
From another thread:

A temporary switch to Luxon? When? Why? I'm not opposed - just wondering.

I though we had decided against that? are we switching again if so what are the advantages? What are the difficulties that prevent guilds from faction hopping? Rho

Switching faction is still on the board, and if we want to discuss more we can open up a new thread.

So - here is a new thread. I'd like to hear more about a possible shift.

I grew up thinking the Luxons were a godless bunch of seafarer-wanna-be's. Other than some cool armor possibilities - why bother? Although, it would be nice to be able to deal with a merchant while vanquishing the areas.

Abba San said:
I grew up thinking the Luxons were a godless bunch of seafarer-wanna-be's. Other than some cool armor possibilities - why bother? Although, it would be nice to be able to deal with a merchant while vanquishing the areas.

O_O!!

They're not godless! >_>
I'm a Luxon at heart, ask many in the alliance - I tend to be among those that represent the Luxons in the alliance figuratively. As for the switch, it has been planned, or in the planning, between all the guild leaderships for quite some time now. It has yet to take effect because not all of the leadership have been in contact with Derk. It mainly is temporary, unless further down the road the guild leaderships decide otherwise, and is due to earlier flack the Luxon-blooded people have been getting from the Kurzicks earlier during the year. For those who watched alliance chat from early spring to early summer, you may recall seeing "friendly bouts and jests" between Kurzicks and Luxons, but privately there seem to have been some unloving sentiments and remarks towards the Luxon affliations. So with long-story short from the information I have, it is to show that factions, just like races or species, should be loving to all the others... or something along those lines.

My previous guild/alliance was Luxon. I tend to like the Luxons and Luxon areas better although I'm not sure if I'm "Luxon at heart."

Honestly, although I don't care what we do, I don't see the point of temporarily becoming Luxon. Would we lose all our Faction? What are the ramifications?

Yes, we would lose all our Kurzick faction, but that means nothing unless we are trying to take a town. The only ramifications would be: in AB's we would fight for the Luxons, only be able to donate Luxon faction, and our color would change from blue to red.

Personally, I guess this is a bad time for me as i just decided Elite Kurzick armor would be cool to get, so I'd need all the Kurz faction for armor. However I think I like Elite Luxon armor better :p. Plus I've always wanted a reason to play FA on the Lux side :p

I like the idea of switching, but really I were prefer some type of system where we could be Kurzick for 6 months then Luxon 6 months, back to Kurzick for 6 months, etc. I've bought every Luxon skill for all my characters and need some way to dump Luxon faction for double points.

Alternatively, I've set up a Luxon guild on an alt account. Anyone is welcome to join for the purpose of dumping faction. I don't mean to steal members, I'm thinking that you just join...dump...leave...and rejoin your normal guild.

I have a couple of elite Kursick sets of armor I will keep using - they are too cool to not use.

Alternatively, I've set up a Luxon guild on an alt account. Anyone is welcome to join for the purpose of dumping faction. I don't mean to steal members, I'm thinking that you just join...dump...leave...and rejoin your normal guild.

And when we finally get the switch done, I'll be more than happy (right now) to create a Kurzick guild with my Alt account for the Alliance to guest in so they can dump/get any Kurzick faction. Idk if you need to be a member or just a guest to dump/AB, but for now, I'm willing to use my alt account for that purpose. However I've always had another idea for my alt account, but to get us on our feet I'd be more than happy to keep a Kurzick door open.

I have a couple of elite Kursick sets of armor I will keep using - they are too cool to not use.

Of course! Both sides have great armor choices and just because of an alliance-faction shift doesn't mean that you have to ditch old armors - that's a personal decision. :)

Reading all of these, I don't see a benifit to switching. Would the individuals lose all their other faction? It just seems, from my point of view, more work than necessary to change something that has worked from the beginning.

The benefit would be that we can now get luxon armor easier, get luxon faction for our luxon titles, and get a scenery change. That's the only thing that would be different that matters. There is no down side except that those working on Kurzick titles would have to wait a little while, or they would have a harder time cashing in on lots of points.

Back