Join the Steambans effort

rizz

Im sure some of you are aware that we have been protecting our server with a program and website called steambans. We have made the decision to open the team up to members of toj for ban submissions. Heres the low down.

1. Goto www.steambans.com and register an account.
2. Join our team Tribe of Judah..
3. Also join the main team Steambans
4. Submit bans to the procedure below and they will be banned automatically from all the steambans servers.

Now the important stuff..

1. Steambans is only for banning Hackers do not submit any people for other violations of ToJ TOS.
2. Steambans has a strict procedure. You Must record a demo and snapshot for each ban. (while recording type "status" and "snapshot" in console).
3. Join both teams above. Please only use ToJ for people you are absolutely sure of hacking. We do not want our reputation damaged by people submitting every single person they suspect. If you have a suspicious but inproveable case then use the general group.
4. we reserve the right to block or delete anyone from this group for misuse. We are tursting you with this... We can monitor your progress.

If you have any more questions reply to this thread or read the steambans faq.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now the important stuff..

1. Steambans is only for banning Hackers do not submit any people for other violations of ToJ TOS.
2. Steambans has a strict procedure. You Must record a demo and snapshot for each ban. (while recording type "status" and "snapshot" in console).
3. Join both teams above. Please only use ToJ for people you are absolutely sure of hacking. We do not want our reputation damaged by people submitting every single person they suspect. If you have a suspicious but inproveable case then use the general group.
4. we reserve the right to block or delete anyone from this group for misuse. We are tursting you with this... We can monitor your progress.

1. So, if other people are violating from the ToJ TOS; eg. swearing, I should report it to an ToJ admin; ToJaimbot; make a demo?

2. Each ban? IF theres more than one hacker(on the same server), then I have to record more than one demo?

3. Please only use ToJ for people you are absolutely sure of hacking.

Use the server name, ToJ? So, if I came across a hacker in ToJ, I shouldnt say, "Theirs a hacker in ToJ server, got demos, status...etc"?

1. Yes. SteamBans is only for hackers.
2. Yes. Demos submitted to steambans are tagged by Steam ID so that means for each steam id there has to be a unique demo.
3. This means only use the ToJ team submit if you are sure they are a hacker. If you are unsure (you think they are border line real good or hacking) then submit it using the public SteamBans team. That way if the one you are less sure of is rejected, it doesn't count against the ToJ team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Use the server name, ToJ? So, if I came across a hacker in ToJ, I shouldnt say, "Theirs a hacker in ToJ server, got demos, status...etc"?

You really don't need to if you submit it to steambans. If the steam id gets added to the list, the steam id will be blocked on all 4 of our half life servers where submitting to the admins may just get them blocked on just the CS public server.

I just combined some scripts to come up with one that will, with one button press, start recording a demo and prompts you to name it, takes a snapshot of the status and then resumes play. One button press will then stop the demo. The only catch is that you only have a few secounds to type in the name for the demo or it will mess up. But you can adjust the waits to what ever you need them to be. If anyone is interested I can either post the code or email it to them. Just let me know.

The status/snapshot need to be at the end of the demo. So you should have one command that names and starts the demo and a second command to open console, run status, take screenshot then stop demo.

The status screenshot can be taken at any time throughout the entire demo ... but steambans recommends you start the demo and immediately take a status screenshot.

I can easily seperate the script into 2 so that you take the snapshot anytime during the demo. That would just require the user to bind 2 keys instead of just 1.

I noticed that even if I do the commands manually, the demo doesn't record the console. Does anyone know if there is any reason the snapshot couldn't be taken a secound before the demo start? That would make the script faster and wouldn't put a time constraint on inputing the demo name.

Goose has a demo recording script i think somewhere. Once you have tweaked it i would definitely want a copy of this script. With the status snapshot at the beginning (which is how i have usually done it by hand).

I haven't spent too much time on this, but here's something that gets the job done:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//---------- Waits -------------------------
alias w5 "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
alias w20 "w5; w5; w5; w5"
alias w100 "w20; w20; w20; w20; w20"
alias w500 "w100; w100; w100; w100; w100"

//---------- Recording a Demo --------------
alias dem1 "messagemode record; w500; toggleconsole; w5; status; w20; snapshot; w5; toggleconsole; alias dem dem2"
alias dem2 "stop; alias dem dem1"
alias dem "dem1"[/QUOTE]
I put this in my autoexec.cfg and bound "dem" to my delete key
The only thing I noticed this script doesn't do is after it takes the snapshot and toggles the console off ... the menu is still on the screen. All you have to do is click "resume game" ... alittle annoying, but it works.

NOTE: There is about a 5 second time slot to enter the demo name ... I always just use numbers anyways - easier to record it, easier to play it.

*Bump*

There are some 70+ reads of this thread yet only one person outside of the admins has joined the ToJ team?!?

How often does the admin team give the general members the oportunity to help out with admining the servers?

Don't let this be an example for further keeping the admin process exclusive. There have been a lot of members that just want the power but don't want the responsability. This is a great way to show you are up for the responsability.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't let this be an example for further keeping the admin process exclusive.  There have been a lot of members that just want the power but don't want the responsability.  This is a great way to show you are up for the responsability.

Its called, "Voluntary Work".

Like when Fireman need volunter work from others, in this case, "Voluntering to spotting the hackers."

I have to say, since most admins are never on when a hacker acts on the server, people could volunter, 'spotting the hackers', so that it would be helping the admins do their job easier.

So, Steambans is a good effort for regulars to help out a cause. An Admins job/cause.

Do Admins get paid?
rock.gif

Admins do not get paid. Although for all the hard work they perform and for what they have to put up with they should. But that is a discussion for another thread and when we become a world dominating mega corporation with subsidiaries in 20 countries.

Bottom line. As CorpFox put it, volunteer and help keep both the ToJ and some 600+ servers free from the hackers you catch.

Here is the script I use. It uses the "cancelselect" command so that you don't have to click resume game to get back to the game.

----------------------------------------------------------

//Bind any key you want to use to "dem". I use the delete key. When you press it you will be prompted to name the demo. If you wait to long it will go to console and take a snapshot. In that case you will have to hit delete (or whatever key you used) and escape out and start over again.

//To make it simple, just know what you are going to name the demo. It will take a few secounds to cycle thru everything. You can adjust the waits to your likeing but the most critical wait is the "wx" on the first alias line. That is the one that give you time to enter the demo name.

//The demo portion of this script was taken from Counter-Script web site. The rest of it was written by [toj.cc]URACorpse.

//Record and name demo

alias dem1 "developer 1; echo ***Please enter a demo name***; developer 0; messagemode record; alias dem dem2; wx; stashot"
alias dem2 "developer 1; echo ***Recording Stopped***; developer 0; stop; alias dem dem1"
alias dem "dem1"

// This part with the stashot alias added above enables a snapshot of the status to be saved after recording is begun.

alias w2 "wait; wait"
alias w8 "w2; w2; w2; w2"
alias wy "w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8; w8"
alias wx "wy; wy"
alias stashot "toggleconsole; w2; status; w2; snapshot; w2; cancelselect"

-------------------------------------------------------

Thx for the "cancelselect" command URA ... I'll add that into my script. Oh, btw, the "developer" commands no longer work in CS 1.6, so you won't see "Please enter a demo name" or "Recording Stopped".

how do you submit demos? I am throughly confused even though i joined both teams... And you guys are confusing me on how to record demos!!! *spinning eyes*
i have rizzuh's. so, i just record a REGULAR demo + the status + sn stuff right? could someone pm me on this? just make sure i don miss it... thx!
tounge.gif

added:::
HOLY COW POSTS = '555'
add 111 to that then = :eek: - 0.0 - o.0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Dec. 16 2004,2:55)]how do you submit demos? I am throughly confused even though i joined both teams... And you guys are confusing me on how to record demos!!! *spinning eyes*
i have rizzuh's. so, i just record a REGULAR demo + the status + sn stuff right? could someone pm me on this? just make sure i don miss it... thx!
tounge.gif

added:::
HOLY COW POSTS = '555'
add 111 to that then = :eek: - 0.0 - o.0
Here are a couple of good forum threads on submitting bans:

http://www.steambans.com/forums.php?fid=2&amp;tid=91
http://www.steambans.com/forums.php?fid=2&amp;tid=84

Oh and do I need to unplug the server to get your attentions.  Only 4 people have joined the team!  You guys saying you condone hacking and don't want to do anything about it?  
rock.gif

Thanks to all those who have signed up so far and started submitting demos... Im a bit disappointed we havent had more people signup, especially when its a good way to show you have responsibility of handling people in an admin fashion *cough..hint*

Back