Join the Steambans effort

not many made it to that stage cuz rizz kept whipping out the admin_bury :|

tounge.gif
im in the steambans just wondering around visiting forums like the forumite i am :eek:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Dec. 15 2004,4:28)]1. Yes.  SteamBans is only for hackers.
2. Yes. Demos submitted to steambans are tagged by Steam ID so that means for each steam id there has to be a unique demo.
3. This means only use the ToJ team submit if you are sure they are a hacker.  If you are unsure (you think they are border line real good or hacking) then submit it using the public SteamBans team.  That way if the one you are less sure of is rejected, it doesn't count against the ToJ team.  
1. You never know what the future brings
smile.gif

2. Incorrect, one demo can contain several cheaters, as long as they're submitted seperatly for each STEAM_ID. (We do prefer STEAM_ID-Demo 1on1 because sometimes its hard to decide who you're viewing and who is and who isn't cheating, due to buggy playback)
3. That's your decision, but really, even on the smallest suspect it's best to submit, we're there to ban but also to be the judge of that guy you were always suspecting.
According to what ToJ states, submit these through SB - Public - Team.

Thanks for posting here... Nice to see someone from SB float over to our forums.. GJ on all the work you guys do and i hope we are contributing to your cause as much as you are ours.
smile.gif

*bump*

cmon guys.. signup and do your bit... The next person to say there arent enough admins around is gonna get some serious burnination.
mad.gif

When you ToJ's joined SteamBans, I havent a hacker in weeks, but what I do see are alot of racist and inapproriate language in the servers.

So, thumbs up on no hackers in the server, thumbs down on swearers in the server.

Is it just me, or does anyone noticed theirs more swearers than there is for hackers?

Actually if you read the news page on steambans they are updating their plugin to include extra features like an advanced swear filter.. It will be some time coming but we will certainly be trying it out when its ready.

Until then get logged into our group and get behind the admins.

PG13 - Alliance
With PG13 its possible to install the SBSRV[A] (alliance plugin with steambans cheat-protection) and people that are using faul and abusive language will be automatically removed from your server (based on local settings) and flagged globally. If this person then continues his behaviour on other Alliance servers with PG13 running he will be banned across ALL Alliance servers for a period of time.

Quote from steambans website.

Don't want to get too off topic, but for swearing, has anyone thought of replacing the retribution plugin in admin mod with the retribution2 plugin? The difference is that instead of staring out the swearing what they say doesn't show at all on anyone's screen and the offender gets both slapped and warned that swearing isn't allowed.

URACorpse said:
Don't want to get too off topic, but for swearing, has anyone thought of replacing the retribution plugin in admin mod with the retribution2 plugin? The difference is that instead of staring out the swearing what they say doesn't show at all on anyone's screen and the offender gets both slapped and warned that swearing isn't allowed.

Do you have some linkage to the plugin so I can review it?

After having a couple of my latest submissions being denied by steambans (players which I KNOW were hackers), I questioned whether or not my script was working. Come to find out, it wasn't working correctly. I would enter a demo name, then it would wait until AFTER the status call to record the demo for some reason. So obviously, steambans denied the submissions because there was no status call in the demo. So I modified my script a little and tested it to make sure everything is working correctly. The thing now is you hit the bound button the 1st time and enter a demo name (I use numbers because it's easy), after it starts recording, I wait a couple seconds and hit the same bound button a 2nd time to take a snapshot of the status call, then hit it a 3rd time to stop the recording. A little different, but it works well. Here's it is:

//---------- Waits -------------------------
alias w5 "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
alias w20 "w5; w5; w5; w5"
alias w100 "w20; w20; w20; w20; w20"
alias w500 "w100; w100; w100; w100; w100"

//---------- Recording a Demo --------------
alias dem1 "messagemode record; alias dem dem2"
alias dem2 "toggleconsole; w100; status; w20; snapshot; w5; toggleconsole; w5; cancelselect; alias dem dem3"
alias dem3 "stop; alias dem dem1"
alias dem "dem1"

I have "dem" bound to my delete key in my config.cfg:
bind "DEL" "dem"

Hope this helps some people out there :D

How to use this script:
(Delete key is the assumed bound key, but it can be bound to any key)

Hit the "Delete" key
Type a name for the recorded demo: 1 (whatever you want can go here, whatever is easiest for you to remember)
Hit the "Enter" key (this actually starts recording the demo with the name you just gave it)
Hit the "Delete" key for a 2nd time (this drops the console, types in "status" and takes a snapshot all at the same time, you'll barely notice this)
Hit the "Delete" key for a 3rd time to stop recording the demo

Last edited:
how can you tell if a ban has gone through? I sent to in and haven't found out yet. Does it take a while beofer, and if so will I get a PM about it?

you will get a pm, they have a huge backlog at the moment so be patient. you can check the status by using your assistant upon login.

I looked at theirs and I like mine better, that's why I created it.

But looks like my script will probably be lost in the shuffle of all these other posts =\

Last edited:
Back