1 Corinthians 13: 4-13

cgdoc519

Christian Gamers Alliance Staff Manager
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

While not a single scripture, it is one of my favorite passages. I cannot tell you how many times this has settled my anger with either my wife or my children. And while they are just words, they come from the very breath of God…..and as such every time I read this passage it troubles my heart. I realize how much I don’t follow these things.

Thank you God for your Spirit that gently convicts me.

Last edited:
Love keeps no records of wrongs.

This is something we all need to do. If we stopped bringing up the past we could live better in the now.

I think Alex is right, while it is right to feel convicted by the Holy Spirit for sins, it is also right to know that God is love -- so he doesn't keep records. We do, and beat ourselves up on them over and over again.

/needstolistentohimself

Love keeps no records of wrongs.

This is something we all need to do. If we stopped bringing up the past we could live better in the now.

Please don't mis understand me. The message I was trying to relay sometimes gets lost from my heart to my lips. What I was saying is

1: I am thankful for God's spirit that guides us
2:I realize that I am a sinner and therefore not perfect.

Reading this particular passage actually gives me joy. Knowing I am not perfect, God was gracious enough to proved us with the this passage. As well as the countless other examples and biblical scriptures of love. Most notably John 3:16.

My wife and I use 1 Corinth 13:4-13 alot. We read through it, study it. It's one of my favorite passages.

Last edited:
This is by far one of my favorite scriptures, and one I desperately try to follow. I thank God that he doesn't hold us to any standards, because we would always fall short. The only being I know that can love in the way described in this passage is God. 1 Cor. is the very description of God's love towards us. I feel so amazed, blessed, and thankful that he loves us in that way. As Christmas gets ever closer, it also reminds me of the sacrifice God made for us. I am truly amazed that he loves me so much that he gave his only begotten son for me!
Have you ever stopped and thought about that? Jesus went through all of that for us. God gave his son, for us! How undeserving we are, and yet he loves us so much he paid the ultimate price for us when he could have easily just destroyed us all and started over. WOW!
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be long winded. I just really get worked up when I think of what God did for us, how much he loves us. I love this scripture!

Back