???

Shyfroggy

I've been wondering...

How are 'religions' created?

Who 'creates' these 'religions'???

I have a thought brewing...

I am not sure that this can be answered in a blanket statement. I think there are different reasons for the creation of different religions.

Well I have this idea and it just might be the craziest idea - do you think God creates other religions? I haven't really put too much thought into this - like I said it might sound crazy...but what about the three different religions who all claim to have the same 'holy ground' - how can that be?

I've taken a few courses in archaeology in the middle east...my professor is Dr. Anne Killebrew; you can find her in news articles pretty easily.

How religions "started" is hard to say, but what excavations have discovered is that ritualized burials of the dead started around the days when the earliest cities began. What scholars believe, then, is that ritualized burials are indications that humans had a concept of an afterlife, which most likely has something to do with religion.
There are some theories about this. The one i remember is the idea that cities enabled thinkers to arise; the formation of civilization set humans apart from the animals, potentially causing prehistoric city-dwellers to think that perhaps humans have a deeper purpose in life; that we are not simply animals destined to die.

But it's too long ago to really be certain what people thought then; this is just a theory.

You're 2 cents richer now. Rejoice and dance and sing and laugh. ha.

I like how you ended that post 'you're 2 cents richer now.'

Thank you

I think I am going to look into getting a book on perhaps archaeological something - I don't know what it is called but I saw it recently at Books a million.

I would personally lean towards the enemy creating other religions to draw people away from the one True and Living God

Genesis1315 said:
I would personally lean towards the enemy creating other religions to draw people away from the one True and Living God

To me that does make more sense. I mean, why would God create other religions, He would know other people would join it and that they would then be on a one way trip to Hell, unless they accepted Jesus that is.

I think religions are created by human tradition (ancestor worship), human ignorance (primitive animism), or human lust for power (cults).

do you think God creates other religions?
Well, God did create the humans that created the religions, and He also knew that the humans were going to create the religions when He made them, so I suppose He did, in a roundabout sort of way. However, to say that God made those people just so that they would create the religions is false.

Back