1st Annual GFC Exercise/Weight-Loss Challenge

Wirl

on to something new...
Yes you read it, having a pastorial calling on my life I am concerned with everyone's spiritual well-being. Yet I am also concerned about everyone's physical well being. I have to admit, I'm a little large in the CPU area, and I could lose a few microchips (heh, how about macrochips).

SO!!!

This is the challenge, and you don't have to participate if you don't want to. I'm only doing this to give the accountability aspect to everyone.

OK,

The challenge, of course watch what you eat, and take your vitamins, BUT,
for every HOUR of Counter Strike you play you have to walk one HOUR.

Something easy to do, walking we do everyday. We'll keep a log of everyone who plays (who signed up of course), and the number of hours they've walked.

To kick off the event, we'll have a confidential weigh in (confidential = only YOU know about your weight), and we will go from there. Weekly updates, Monthly updates. And I am guessing in about 3 months, we will see results to our liking, and that of the Father's.

So give me a SHOUT OUT if you want to hook up and participate. Priceless and myself are already commited to doing it. We'll say the cut off date to sign up will be Sunday Feb 26 and we'll kick it off on Monday Feb 27.

Let's lose some weight for the Lord, and give Him more room in our cases to inhabit!!!

WOOT THANG!!!

LOL Yeah Pilgrim, you can join...

the exercising type really doesn't matter, it's the commitment and accountability that we're trying to give to each other. I'll create an accountability list once we have everyone signed up and ready to go.

:D

Heh, maybe then i should pick up with my older bro and my neighbor and do weights for an hour and run...might make my doctor happy too...

I figured out a way to maximize the time we have. All we need to do is mount a keyboard tray/mouse to the treadmill or bike and that way we can play CS while we excersise :D

Genesis1315 said:
I figured out a way to maximize the time we have. All we need to do is mount a keyboard tray/mouse to the treadmill or bike and that way we can play CS while we excersise :D

Sounds good to me :D LOL

I'm joking. I just seen your stats on your xfire profile last night and it said that you played 38 hours in the past 7 days. I don't know how you can log that many hours in a week with school and everything. It is amazing. lol :D

Genesis1315 said:

Wanna hear something funny? I hooked my PS2 (Yes I do play console games) Up to a TV in front of the treadmile and play as I walk, it is a lot of fun and the miles seem to slip by... Now to just figure out how to move my computer around so I can walk and play CS at the same time...... *Heads off to the basement to figure out how to fix it up...*

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
Wanna hear something funny? I hooked my PS2 (Yes I do play console games) Up to a TV in front of the treadmile and play as I walk, it is a lot of fun and the miles seem to slip by... Now to just figure out how to move my computer around so I can walk and play CS at the same time...... *Heads off to the basement to figure out how to fix it up...*

Actually, if you had a LCD display, it would not be that hard. Those buggers can be mounted nearly anywhere, what you do, is first push the treadmill up against the wall, then hang the monitor there. Next you get a peice of plywood, sanded down, as wide as the treadmill, and a little higher than a keyboard. Next you put a lip at the bottom of the board (to keep the keyboard from sliding off) and contrive some mechanism to keep it at the top of the treadmill, directly above the controls.

There you go.

Kidan said:
Actually, if you had a LCD display, it would not be that hard. Those buggers can be mounted nearly anywhere, what you do, is first push the treadmill up against the wall, then hang the monitor there. Next you get a peice of plywood, sanded down, as wide as the treadmill, and a little higher than a keyboard. Next you put a lip at the bottom of the board (to keep the keyboard from sliding off) and contrive some mechanism to keep it at the top of the treadmill, directly above the controls.

There you go.

ROFL!!!! :D

Back