4/24/08 "kicked and banned"

fatsheldon

hey TOJ!

I just wanted to clear up an apparent misunderstanding that occurred last night on the TF2 server between me and an apparent admin. You see, for a crazy long time yourFATmama, K-Dubb, nitz, and I (all of whom were on the server last night) have been playing online galmes together. Since about 5 minutes after we met Nitz (aka PAB admin) yFm and I began telling him how much his admin skills SUCKed. This is completely untrue, of course, and is an obvious display of our neverending jealousy of his l33t skilz and endless hookups.

That said, yelling "admin sucks!!" is now an almost endearing cheer for us and is present at every event comprising any fat/PAB members (even ones that don't involve computers and/or galmes).

I can see where saying "shut up. admin sucks!" on a public server to an unknown admin could be construed as rude behavior and acknowledge that I should have used better judgement and stated something more along the lines of "thanks for putting up another server TOJ! We've loved having close galmes with you mugs for years now!" But honestly, I'd have been fragged 4 times by the time I got that all typed in.

Please accept my apology.

fatsheldoin

Apology accepted. :)

I probably jumped the gun, too. If I remember correctly, I was already frazzled by a few players who were offended when I asked them to change their names, which were offensive. They apparently believed using disrespectful language for women was a mark of maturity.

The ban was very short-term (only five minutes), so you should be able to get back on the server now.

I'll be a little less quick to hit the "kick & ban" button in the future when I have a suspicion that the person might just be kidding around.

Thanks for posting to clear up the misunderstanding, sheldon. Hope to see you back on the server soon. :)

Thanks! I did try again a bit later and the ban was lifted. We'll be back. I can't promise not to whack you with a bonesaw though!!

I definitely wouldn't ask that you change your policy on banning people. It's your server...

I can't say Nitz has never banned me.

By the way though, if you do get the itch again, ban yFm (he plays as zoemoron now, i think). It's really, REALLY funny.

Bit of a short fuse on that guy.

fatsheldoin

I must have been sleeping, I totally missed this one.... Glad Tek is always aware and fast to forgive.

Back