A challenge for TOJ

[DaRtH] IrIsH

Dear TOJ,

Many of you probably do not know me, for I have only posted a few times before. actually, those came about 10 mins ago. I'm sure that some of you have seen me playing on the server now and again. I have been a member of TOJ for about 6 months or so. I really enjoy playing CS with you guys and talking to you guys and gals.
Let me get to the jist of this post. Our church has called us to do a 60 day fast. In this time I(we) will be seeking God and praying for victory in certain areas of our life and those around us. I have chosen to give up certain things that I like and instead of doing those, I spend my time with God, or at least I try to. For the past week and a half, I have been going without TV. It was very difficult at first. I really did not realize just how much TV I watched, especially Seinfeld (its my fav show). As that part of my 60 day fast is ending tonight, I start a new one tommorrow that will last 10 days and I will either give up video games or the internet.
Now you might be asking yourself why is this guy telling me this stuff. Here's the challenge. Those of you who like CS alot, would you consider giving it up for awhile and fasting CS? I realize this may not be something you could just do without praying. I would like to encourage you guys to really think about it and pray about it. Instead of playing CS you could read a Godly book, the Bible, pray, or just spend quality time seeking God. It's difficult at first believe me. I was tempted a few times to watch football, but I did not give it. I'm not saying that you guys spend all your time playing CS and that is your life. I'm just saying we all really enjoy playing and we should think about our priorities, such as our relationship with God.
You don't have to give it up for 60 days, but how about just 2 weeks, or 10 days? I hope I'm not coming off as some "holier than thou" type of person because I can't stand that. I'm not trying to guilt trip you guys or anything or act like I know everything about God because I don't. I've only been a Christian for a year now. I just think of how important it is to deny ourselves something we really like to do, to show God how much we love him. do you guys agree?
Think it over. I will be interested to hear what you guys have to say. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone or ruffle any feathers. Peace out brothers and sisters.

Ryan [DaRtH] IrIsH

I don't see how you could offend anyone with your post. That seems like a great idea to me, and I've been meaning to spend less time on the computer. A lot of my work is done on the computer where I work, but when I at home I have decided to spend no more then an hour on the computer a night. I will do this for a week or so, or however God leads me. Lately I have been spending wayy too much time on my computer, and have been neglecting my other real life duties. Anyway, thank you for the inspiration.

Instead of playing CS you could read a Godly book, the Bible, pray, or just spend quality time seeking God.

Very interesting...

Though, alot of ToJ'ers played CS for few to many years, I'm positive it would be hard NOT to play CS for 60 days(2 months). Especially, since I dont think there is much Christian entertainment. (Or in my words, it would be boring without games/T.V. etc.)

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone or ruffle any feathers.

No body has sprouted wings......yet.

Back