A commitment to prayer

blackweb

In all that I have heard about our economy and how bad things are, the one thing I have not heard from anyone, christians or otherwise is a commitment to pray for our nation and those in need.

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

The answer to our troubles is not found in government programs, in presidents, congress or in any scheme or plan of men. The answer is Jesus Christ. We must turn to him and seek him, only then can healing and recovery begin.

Who else will make a commitment to pray for ourselves, our friends, families, cites, states, and the leaders of nation?

Father, forgive me for seeking my own solutions to my problems. How foolishly I have said to myself "I can do this, I can change things, I can make things better for myself or others". Help me to remember that apart from you, I can do nothing. Forgive me for elevating anything in my life above you. My job, my hobbies, relationships, anything. If I am in Christ, Jesus must be everything to me. He gave all he had for me, how can I give any less to him?

We are a people and a nation that can prosper only when we are on our knees before you. Forgive us for standing and shaking our fists at you. I know that you have preserved a remnant who have not bowed themselves to the God of this world. I want to be among that remnant. If we will not humble ourselves before you then humble us through your loving discipline. Yes, I know what I am saying. Better that we be disciplined now in this life than stand in judgement before you for our stiff-knecked pride in the next life.

Jesus, rabbi, master, teacher teach us to be humble, teach us to pray teach us to love one another as you have loved us. Unto you is due all honor, all glory and all authority in heaven and in earth. You are the mighty God, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, creator of all things. You are my God, my savior, my King and my friend. I humble myself now before you and as the prophet has taught us to pray.

Father, we humble ourselves and pray, seek your face and turn from our wicked ways. Hear us from heaven, forgive our sin and heal our land.

In the name of Jesus, the name that is above all names,

Amen

Last edited:
Back