A Most Interesting Presentation

Elader Arkon

Helped Tek test a thing
Ben Cousins, General Manager of Easy (Battlefield Heroes, Play 4 Free, Battleforge, Lord of Ultima) put together this rather eye opening presentation entitled Paying to Win.

This presentation was utterly fascinating to me, and provided a great deal of insight into the world of F2P Microtransaction based games. The part where he discusses the controversy that boiled up around the pay to win model is especially poignant considering CCP may be going through the same thing on a much larger scale.

A really interesting talk, and it went in an entirely different direction than I expected it. I'm still wary of paying for virtual items, but I can see where it is highly beneficial for the players, the game overall, and even the gaming industry. I'm just not quite ready to jump on board :)

I liked that... it was what I have been saying for years! The people that complain will be the ones that take advantage of the system the most.

I think WoW should sell gold and take the rest of the Gold traders out of business

Back