A New Challenger Has Arrived!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
What did I discover under the Christmas tree this year? A shiny black tin with a hardcover art book, a DVD of bonus material, and...

/drumroll

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3!

Yep, that's right; my wife bought me the Collector's Edition of UT3 for Christmas this year. And even though I have to lower the detail to 2, the game is still very shiny and very fun.

I'm playing through the campaign now, but I hope to join you all on the ToJ UT3 server soon.

Whoa, you can crank the details up to 2???? Here I am stuck on 640x480 with all settings at 1. I'm so jealous!

God willing, though, I'll have my new machine constructed and next to my desk by the the end of next week or so, and then I'll have enough frames to join you all without constant crashes and slowdown.

I'm slowly working my way through the Campaign mode now. I'm glad to see that Warfare doesn't stray far from the Onslaught I know and love.

I'm still hoping Epic releases a patch to increase graphic performance or Dell releases new drivers tweaked for the GeForce Go 7800. Considering the latest drivers from Dell are over a year and a half old, I think Dell has abandoned the 7800 along with the users who shelled out cash for a gaming notebook. Weaksauce.

The lameness of Dell aside, the game does look pretty using the unofficial drivers I downloaded from tweakforce.com.

Maybe I can tweak some INI files and bump up to 30 FPS.

Back