A new season of life

/bump

Nov. 11 marked 6 months since my wife and I moved to Springfield and I am still unemployed.

I've applied for countless jobs, checked relevant web sites daily or twice a week, made my best effort at networking with local businesses and decision makers, kept in touch with former co-workers, and updated my online job search site profiles.

Nothing seems to be working.

I've been at this for half a year now and I'm finding it very difficult to stay encouraged.

I finally caved and called my state's unemployment office to file a claim today (Friday) and could not get a human being on the line. I followed the prompts to submit an unemployment claim, but when I tried to verify the status of the claim, the system informed me there was no claim on record for my social security number.

Please pray that I am able to keep my head up and maintain a level of enthusiasm that will lead me to a job that I will actually enjoy (or at least tolerate).

Hey, I can understand the encouragement part and just remember happy-ness happens and but joy is independent of anything that happens. Remember that our joy comes from our hope that is in our Lord Jesus Christ, and God has only good thigns for us. Matt 7:11 "So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who keep on asking him!"

<3

You're in my prayers, I know it's tough looking for work with no real results. Even now, though my job is really nothing special, I'm just happy that I enjoy it.

Back