A new.....

Shyfroggy

:D Yesterday babo and I adopted a new member to our family.

Her name is Pipper...she is absoultly adorable and just turned 1 on July 13.

She has the colors of a German Shepherd - but she is a mix, since we rescued her form the Humane Society ;) She needs to put on some weight. She has been at the humane society since January - which is quite a while for such a sweet, gentle, loveable little girl.

Buddy has been establishing his dominance on 'his' territory...but this morning they finally started playing together!!!!!

Lucky for her, she has found her "forever home"...lucky for us we have been blessed with a sweet addition to the family....and lucky for Buddy he now has a little sister to play with!

We are so excited and will post pictures as soon as we get them.

the poor pup won't eat.... :(

the only way I can get her to eat anything is to hand feed her one piece of dogfood at a time, and even then she doesn't eat too much.

her and buddy have been having a ton of fun, fighting over who gets to sleep in bed with us, running through the house like crazy, and last night they got one of the dog toys and actually started playing tug of war between the two of them. It is so funny to watch them play.

She is very cute.

& Priceless, we need a fence first, and if we get a puppy, its going to be a boy!!!

:D

PastorWirl said:
She is very cute.

& Priceless, we need a fence first, and if we get a puppy, its going to be a boy!!!

:D

I know I know I know..... it doesn't have to be a boy. You just THINK we have to have a boy. It's all in your head. lol :p

!!!

Well we don't have a fence and we have two dogs :eek: :D :p

My best advice about getting a dog, don't get a boy or a girl, don't get a puppy - find the local humane society/animal control - go take a look at there dogs up for adoption and I can just about guarantee you that one dog in particular will 'jump' out at you....

The benefits from adopting a dog far outweigh just 'buying a puppy' --- they come with all there shots, they are fixed, and before you adopt them you can do a pet-to-child check just to be sure beyond a shadow of a doubt they will work with your family, in most places they come with a mircochip and 24 hour pet watch - so if by some chance the dog tried to run away, once found they can take him/her to a vet and scan them and safely return them to you....and also, in most cases if you adopt a dog from a shelter they also come with 30 days of pet insurance free of charge - just in case something happens to them - they have pet health insurance!

When we adopted Piper we actually went to the humane society to get a puppy, but they all had holds on them so we ended up checking out there other dogs when we found Piper - fell in love with her - bonded with her - put a hold on her - did a pet to pet check - and then adopted her. she is 1 year old.

As you can see I highly recommend adopting a dog from a shelter....saving there life!:D

Thats hwo we got Cyborg... (Not his real name...) Actually, his real name is Siberian, but we call him Cy. Well I call him cyborg.. Anyway, we got him from the humane society. We almost got him and his brother! 0_0 He is my sisters cat. I'll have to find some good pics of him and my cat and upload em.

When we go to get a dog or puppy we already decided to go to the humane society to do it. We couldn't afford to just buy one. I refuse to buy dogs from pet stores except for one here in our area and that is only because they get their dogs from breeders and they don't stay in the store except for a couple days so that people can see them and adopt them. That's where my mom got her Cairne Terrior which is the kind of dog Hope is determined to have. Sierra wants a poodle. Angel fell in love with a miniature Dachsund.... it is kind of funny. Of course I don't care as long as it is good with the kids and not a huge dog. :)

Why not just get all three;)

oh and make it three fixed boys so that pastor can feel that things are 'evened out' a bit more between girls and boys...lol

Our dog was like that (had to get her to eat through handfeeding). If it's anything like our little beagle, than she'll be fine. Puppies are meant to nibble throughout the day when they are hungry, not eat at set times

she is eating fine now - between hand feeding her and putting her food bowl where she liked it - now she eats whenever she wants;) and has turned into a little piggy!

Glad to hear she is eating.

Poodles are supposed to be fairly smart dogs. My mom got a puppy from a puppy mill and, well, let's just say, the dog is a few treats short of a full bag :)

I have always wanted a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I need a big dog. (obligatory disclaimer: Small dogs can be cute, I just like variety). Retrievers are usually pretty good with children too

Gen

Back