A slimdiddy 1979

cc.slim

Love is golden wings at bay
waiting waiting for something to say
Hovering over a body so old
letting time to begin to mold
putting people in their place
waiting waiting for saving grace..

Now at the time I wrote this I was at the lowest point in my life and really had now clue why I wrote this or even what it meant.But I was lonely and searching for something more than what I had because I felt that there was something more to my life then rebellion and heartache...AND there was but as shown somethings do take time to heal, correct and FOCUS!!!. After this low time I transfered to a new school met two preacher boys and forever my life was changed but I did not have a happy thereafter for I stepped away aka closed my eyes and married a unbeliever for I was so lonely and WO to me hehehe kinda sorta, I had two wonderful kids, meaning no regrets.But as my life went on I found that I needed more. Now I never left Jesus out of my life for I knew only death or unfaithfulness could I leave this situation and behold the latter happened first.Still no regrets.My point is who are we to rush Gods hand and expect more?It is written we have all that we need but do we really utilize it?Now when we are low and thinking against Gods will keep in mind what does God say about this.Maybe just maybe. Like it matters to me now for I turned around hehehe SLAP SLAP but if I would have surrounded myself with those that loved me for who I am then I would not have been so alone and hahahahaha desperate... My point is loneliness and low self esteem is self inflicted because Love surrounds thee we just have to accept it

what you had to say really made me think.

I struggle with a low self-esteem...

you provided some food for thought.

Lonelieness and low self-esteem is self inflicted?

Man, that's a bit of an insult to everyone that struggles with these issues day in and day out, isn't it?

I'm very lucky that despite being a shy guy I'm able to gut it out and make freinds anyway - it just takes me some time. I had a very miserable first year in Holland and things have been great for me, socially, since then. But I wouldn't call it self-inflicted - and some people don't have my ability to put on a mask and go out into the world.

My point is loneliness and low self esteem is self inflicted because Love surrounds thee we just have to accept it

someone who is not shown love will not know it to accept it. Yes, sometimes it is, but I don't think that rule

Gen

Just because God is always with us and His love is always around us doesn't mean that we will be able to recognize it (I think I am having a DV moment here)

For example, take a child,6 year-old little girl, who is told by her father that he hates her, that she is ugly, that she is a mistake who should not have been born. Perhaps that father hits her. How can she recognize God and His love when all she sees is hatred?

That is when God places other people along her life to help her see and feel the love that He has for her....

At six years chances are she is going to school somewhere...

I was working with a 7 year old little boy this year who had no bed to sleep in, always came to school hungry, his clothes were always dirty. He was living with a man he called his father and his brother. He said that His dad was never there to help him - the homework sheets were never signed, the books were never read...He talked about his brother hitting him on more than one occassion...he told me how he spent a lot of his time at home outside playing - as he didn't have a 'room' to go to.

This little boy was a tough one to crack - always yawning - complaining that his eyes bothered him - he made up every excuse in the book as to why things were happening the way they were at home.

One day I noticed a gold chain around his neck with one of those (i think you call it) crucifix crosses (the one with Jesus on the cross.) So I asked him what that was - clear as day he answered me. "This reminds me of the one that I can count on." What do you mean? Who is that? I asked, "He said this is my best friend, this is who I talk to when nobody is at home with me and I am scarred or worried. This is who I talk to when I'm laying on the couch trying to get comfortable before I go to sleep." Wow, I sat there in total and complete awe, a little boy coming from where he has come from, barely even making it (not making it) in school, yet he sees so clearly who is always there for him.

Who knows where that came from, maybe it was something he was told by somebody. Maybe it was because of what he has experienced in his young life. In any case he is ahead of most adults I know.

Even though he hasn't been shown love he still knows God's love for him.

My point is that I think there are many children out there like the one you described Gen, but I also think there are people like you and I who are placed along their path as God's messenger of His love...

Just my two cents.

but I also think there are people like you and I who are placed along their path as God's messenger of His love...

Quite agree and I think it is especially important for us to build a foundation for children who may not be introduced to Jesus and His love for us any other way.

I just don't think low self esteem problems are always self inflicted. If we do not have a chance to introduce someone to the concept of love, how much they are special and wanted, walls can be built that are rather hard to get through, especially with delicate, fragile minds

It is pretty awesome to consider though that God planned for us from the beginning of time.

Gen

A moth is attracted to light when in darkness as with us towards love.But we tend to hold back unlike the moth who boldly goes on in.. So thats why I say self inflicted we tend to hold back our hurts or shall I say extra baggage just because we think we can handle them.Child or not a child we know love or of it. At birth we are born into sin, knowing or not knowing matters not but we are also born to this world and with that our exceptance of this world, like it or not and is what we do with it.(limited options aka live or die). Now don't confuse shyness or courage with how you look at yourself.But now maybe you got me on the Love part Hmmm lovingkindness is pretty abundant and alot worldly vices that tease love and of course God that offers love. hmm all I see is personal choices but as a child they are sumwhat limited by the type mentorship.Ok Ok reitterrate to world inflicted for those that have not excepted Jesus and self-inflicted for those that have excepted Jesus.So there is a sense urgency to reach all those that needs goldenwings of undeserved love. p.s SMILE!!!!

Back