A small DM 1v1 Ladder

kraniac

{dKc}Masher, the guy who used to run :CyB:, has a self-made ladder at ladder.brainless.us. Actually, he has two, one for Rocketeer (which is Rocket Arena for UT2k4) and a DM 1v1 ladder. I quit the Rocketeer ladder because it was hindering my standard games, but I'm still on the 1v1 ladder. You all should join; the competitors range widely in skill level, and even if you don't do well, it is a good opportunity to gain experience.

In other news, a few days ago, Killerah and I were messing around on the ToJ server, when a member of eN| showed up and asked us if we wanted to do a quick scrimmage. We complied, and we played DM-DE-Grendelkeep. I had met one of the players, eN|Turk, on the other team in a public server somewhere before, and I knew him to be about equal with me in skill. His teammate, however, was slightly better than me. They won soundly, as I expected, but the real point to this match was to introduce Killerah to clan-level play, and he played very well for his first match, and actually scored some kills (a real feat-- my first match, my score was negative!). I thought I was recording a demo, but apparently I wasn't. Oh well.

Hey, thanks for the props! You know how awful I really did though
smile.gif
. You on the other hand were pretty darn pwnzor! The whole time I was playing I had a huge grin on my face, I had a blast. Most fun online gaming I've had in a while, clans are the coolest! Oh, and Shags, they invited us to play on their server which had the utcomp mutator running.

And probably doesn't have any "bad maps" either. Yeah, sorry if I forgot to mention it, we played on their server: 69.25.241.191:7777 password: "havefun".

Match play > pub play. No doubt about it. The skill levels of players, the intensity, the sportsmanship--all far above pub play.

And thats true in any game any kind of scrim for any kind of game has so much intensity in it i find my self sweating
biggrin.gif

Back