A-Team tryouts

Parakletos

For all of you have have patiently waited for the A-team try-outs wait no more!

Saturday, June 12th @ 8 PM Eastern
In the New ToJ private server.

On the same day @ 7:30pm EST we will meet in our IRC channel #toj-cs on east.gamesnet.net so we can get a head count of who all is coming.
Once there, you will be briefed about the night and how everything is going to go.

Dont have IRC? Well you have 9 days to get it!  
cool.gif

If you have any questions, go ahead and post them here.

Thats all for now, anything I have missed will be response posted here.

will there be a 2nd a-team tryouts for those who are unable to make it satureday such as myself?

If enough people are in the same boat as you and are not able to make it (thats why I posted this info early) then yes, there will be a second try-out date.

Just for ya'll who don't have mIRC....here's the link!

Mirc Download Webpage!

unfortuantly, I won't be trying out. For one, I'm not good enough. and two, I don't feel its right for me to be doing at this point in my life!......just a fyi

lol im prolly the worst guy goin out for the team but i might as well try.

Will I be scolded if I try out for the team not really interested in joining, but just to see if I make it?

this is about people who want to play competitively to be a witness and good testimony.

its not about skill Atown, at least not primarily, but about your testimony and personal walk.

EverGypsy, this is not really about "am I good enough to make the team". its about those who are willing to commit to a season of practices, scrims and matches and who WANT to play as part of ToJ to glorify God.

Dont try for our team if you are in another clan....

This isnt about who is the best. Its about making a team that will commit to toj. as exo said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TastyWheat @ June 04 2004,5:45)]do you mean gamesurge instead of gamesnet para?
Did we change our service? 0_o

Thats alright, we can always just create the channel just for the night since I just announced it all over the place
wink.gif

No, gamesnet turned into gamesurge, you just need to add it as a server in your mIRC client. Where have you been lately??? This happened months ago.

If anyone doesn't have legitimate comments or questions, please don't post. This post is not meant to be spammed, but for informational purposes only.

Thanks, just trying to do my part in removing SPAM!
wink.gif

if there are only 5 people allowed to play in scrims are we going to have 2-3 reserve players?

Lag is always an issues for everyone, but it's not a factor when looking for players, like we've been saying for a long time skill isn't even the total deciding factor.  There are more important things to the game then skill.  Anyways Para you're awesome for keeping up on things with be beening so far away from the community right now, I'm still shooting for mid aug. to get high speed back and helping you out, but until then you word is my word bro.

And ya'll that think he no good can come talk to the Plumber ! ! ! (that's me and everyone knows that no one is dirtier then a plumber
laugh.gif
 )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Parakletos @ June 04 2004,12:47)]Did we change our service? 0_o
oooh caught. CS Co-leader not on mIRC toj channel/toj-cs
tounge.gif

Pity this didn't come in the past.. or i would have tried out and ToJ would've kept goose/crenix/poison etc. If this does come off succesfully, i think i'd like to schedule a scrim for ToJ vs 3R. Summer's coming and our real acceleration is about to begin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lag is always an issues for everyone, but it's not a factor when looking for players, like we've been saying for a long time skill isn't even the total deciding factor.

wanna add something to it. Lag isn't everything. I ping what, 100-140 average in ToJ #1, and i play fine. ToJ has got a better server (although it still hates me and gives me free rubber bullets!
biggrin.gif
), and Atown, don't get discouraged if your a dial-up user. Talk to Apoc about it, i heard he used to be an all-time-ownage-player with dial-up. I can see ToJ is going straight for commitment rather then skill. smart move, but i suggest preparing for some serious training/practices. ;)

Yeah, I'd like to say something to Whon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lag is always an issues for everyone, but it's not a factor when looking for players, like we've been saying for a long time skill isn't even the total deciding factor.

Whose we?

we as the cal-ers/pros/experts?
we as the super adminstators/moderators?
we as...us...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I ping what, 100-140 average in ToJ #1, and i play fine. ToJ has got a better server

Flash, I...never...see...that...
the only one that even comes close to the 140 mark is.......me...or even at the 5-digit marks. (Stupid hub!)

So, if I lagged with the 5-digit mark, I would get banned just for try-ing out?

Back