Abortion

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Yeah use common sense before we post and try to use the space between our ears.

Yet I was. You said the following,
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
yet girls still go to clubs and drink even when they know the dangers and the high % in the area here.
Yet where would they hear it? Like I said, there wouldn't be a sign on the door. They don't cover the amount of rapes in the news paper. Besides, one person being raped by a drug in their drink there doesn't that there is a high chance that it'll happen there again. For example, if a bank was robbed a week ago, would you not go to that bank in fear of people robbing it?

heh, I don't know what kind of impression you get from women in your area jango, but most the ones I see walking around in public here in California are quite scandalous. Please don't try to project an image of talking about some innocent girl scouts who lose thier way, and go into a local club for help. What I see around here are tiny tube tops, short micro skirts, and whatever I don't really need to get into detail. Any form of clothing that is white and meant for girls is 50% see through. The cloth designers take something rather modest like a pair of jeans, and make them skin tight, take out the pockets, and put holes in them... Its a huge stumbling block for me. Would I rape anyone? of course not, but thats not the point. If you go into a club where alcohol and drinks are served with dim lighting and whatever scandalously dressed, you don't really need a warning sign on the front door to know your walking into a bad situation. If you do, then you probably don't have the IQ to get a drivers liscense to drive to the club in the first place. Honestly I can't really talk from experience because I'm only 19, and have never been to a club. However all the school dances Ive been to are pretty much a huge crowd of people tight together groping eachother, and calling it "dancing"...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drelin @ April 28 2004,2:20)]LionOfJudah, please stop trolling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I personally view all of its supporters as murderers.

Does that make women who have miscarriages guilty of manslaughter?
umm having been through a miscarriage last year I can atest that it's God will or mother nature preventing an abnormal pregnancy from continuing. I had no choice in the matter but am grateful that it happened sooner than later.

--baby feels on this subject, kicking me....

i am on the exact oppisite cost as Master i live in South Fl.

I was in beverly hills last weekend. The dress is nearly 100% the same

Less cloth More skin

Of course, girls that are not Christian will probably find nothing wrong with it. Well, I won't debate it anymore. You have your beliefs, and I have mine. Just make sure you darn well blame the rapist more then the girl that was raped.

LionOfJudah, why don't you post a thread on rape? This is a thread on abortion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]umm having been through a miscarriage last year I can atest that it's God will or mother nature preventing an abnormal pregnancy from continuing. I had no choice in the matter but am grateful that it happened sooner than later.

Okay. The point I was making was that if you view intentionally killing an unborn child as murder, then it would follow that, say, a fall down a flight of stairs resulting in the death of an unborn child should be considered manslaughter.

It was also my understanding that only around one quarter of all conceptions result in birth - the rest don't make it. I will try to find some source for that.

hmm, I guess my post got lost the other day cuz the site was acting up so I'll post it again...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Okay. The point I was making was that if you view intentionally killing an unborn child as murder, then it would follow that, say, a fall down a flight of stairs resulting in the death of an unborn child should be considered manslaughter.
The difference is intentional vs accident. If you shoot yourself in the head its suicide, however if your hunting and your gun backfires and kills you, its not suicide.

Yeah, that's why he called it manslaughter.

Where I live, there is a father who is trying to sue his child's mother on the child's behalf because of injuries the child suffered in the womb. They are trying to get more insurance money out of it. What they are doing bothers me because it is so contrived and it is an attempt to subvert the judicial system.

The problem with assigning a fetus with the same rights and status as everyone else is that you open up a whole new set of legal issues. I'm not saying whether a fetus does or does not deserve the same rights as everyone else, but if you treat it as you do everyone else, then there are certain problems that must be considered. Master~Plan, if you went hunting with your buddy, and then killed him by accident with your gun, you might be guilty of manslaughter. If you are going to treat everyone equally under the law, then by the same token, a pregnant woman could also be charged with manslaughter if she miscarried or had an accident and the fetus died. She could be considered blameworthy and guilty of manslaughter.

there's a difference if she falls down the stairs on accident or throws herself down the stairs on purpose to kill the baby (and injure herself)

accidents and natural misscarriages happen.  lots of terminated pregnancies happen as well.  I feel that abortion will always be here, whether legally or done in some ally. I don't agree with it and believe that adoption is a better option for those who are not ready to be parents yet. I believe it's a cruel birth control solution.

Sorry for my late response however I have been rather busy as of late. The definition of involuntary manslaughter is this (I post involuntary because that seems to be the issue)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Involuntary manslaughter is a killing in which there is no intention to kill at all. It occurs when the killing is the result of the commission of a crime that is neither a felony nor an act likely to cause great bodily harm or when it is the result of a lawful act done in a criminal manner, e.g., a case of negligence. The advent of the automobile caused many manslaughter cases that arise from reckless and careless driving; in the statutes of some states of the United States such killing is a separate crime.
I will admit that the way this is worded confuses me a bit. However it would appear that involuntary manslaughter has to be done while performing a criminal act (a misdemeanor?). So if that is indeed what it states then no a woman falling down the stairs accidentally would not be manslaughter. Natural misscarriages happen and no one has control over them.

Manslaughter has a much broader definition than what you have listed there.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]MANSLAUGHTER - The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation, either express or implied; distinguished from murder, which requires malicious intent.

The cases of manslaughter may be classed as follows those which take place in consequence of: 1. Provocation. 2. Mutual combat. 3. Resistance to public officers, etc. 4. Killing in the prosecution of an unlawful or wanton act. 5. Killing in the prosecution of a lawful act, improperly performed, or performed without lawful authority.
Depending on the circumstances, a miscarriage could be considered maslaughter in some cases if the fetus was afforded the same legal status as everyone else.

CCGR, I will agree with you that giving a child up for adoption would be a better option that having an abortion. People should be willing to accept responsibility for their behaviour. Having sex means that there is a possibility for a pregnancy, and if a person is not willing to bear the responsibility of potentially having a child, they should not be having sex.

i started a post and hit tab/enter??? to go to the next line and it dissappeared??

So i'll start again.

I think the issue of abortion is always heated because people come from it from so many angles.

Abortion in itself is justified legally because the child isn't seen as a human being yet. So 'do what thou wilt'
So on this point i believe that life is life. And human life is human life, that 'life' in a human isn't going to become an apple. So respect the life. God has a plan regardless of the circumstances. There is no such thing as mistakes.

The second issue that people discus is how the pregnancy happens, and uses that as a reason to 'terminate'.
I don't think there is any reason to kill an innocent. (some people believe in the death penalty, in Australia we don't have it, and historically the last person to die for his crime was later proven innocent, but that is another story)

While terrible and tragic things do happen, an innocent life can still be born, and live to give glory to God. While it would be a terrible thing, I don't think adding another mistake to it, will make it go away. Just the opposite.

I have talked with a few people who have had an abortion. The one thing that is never mentioned in "pro choice media' is what it does to the woman. Emotionally. SPiritually. It's not an easy thing to live with afterwards.

The good news is, that there is always forgiveness, through Christ.

Can i encourage anyone who is considering abortion, NOT to do it. Yes it may be hard explaining what happened. It may be a change in life style. It may be hard. What about the money etc. BUT you are that childs parent. You are it's protector. For whatever reason, trust in God, put your life, and the life of your child into His hands. You won't be dissappointed.

I have my own little bundle of joy. She's 8 months. She wasn't planned for by my wife or I , but i would never go back. It's an adventure, and a great journey.

later
sealcomm

Tab goes to forum index link picture at the top of the page.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]God has a plan regardless of the circumstances. There is no such thing as mistakes.

Whether or not this is true, it's moot if you're trying to argue for or against banning abortion.

Back