Advice?

Pheonix, I found out that you can tap the + or - buttons next to the list of items still needed to add them as a "to do list" in red. Then you can keep tapping next to minis to find out how many more you need to get the next point.

(I apologize if that seemed obvious to others... I was kind of excited when I figured it out.)

Brydon: is that for when trying to craft stuff? If so, does this "to do" list show up somewhere that you can easily track the items you need? (I didn't play with crafting much during beta)

Thanks. I need 6 more mini's to get to 30. I guess I'm gonna try and get up to 20 if possible which is 8 points (7 if I get those 6 mini's)... any chance of me doin that?

It'd depend on what minis you still need left and how much money you have OR what guildies have undedicated minis they are willing to give/sell away.

My problem is I'm in my own guild alone. I haven't played gw in so long... is there any easy way to determine which pets I can use?

unless you have a lot of these things already, or have people willing to give them to you for free, how many points you can get really just depends on how much time and effort your willing to put into grinding out gold

These are the mini's I've dedicated
Quetzal Sly, Juggernaut, Shiro, Cave Spider, Hydra
Temple Guardian, Fungal Wallow, Shard Wolf, Mandragor Imp
Flowstone Elemental, Summit Giant Herder, Jungle Troll
Seige Devourer, Fire Imp, Nornbear, Raptor, Word of Madness
Irukandji, Seige Turtle, Nian, Heket Warrior, Koss, Bone Dragon
Eye of Janthir

and I've got an extra

Summit Giant Herder

Is there anything that I can buy that will give me points other than minis? (I've got about 50 plat and 50 or so ecto)

Thanks for adding that link to your HoM... That was helpful to be able to click around. If it were me, I might consider the following:

- If you have a character who has gone through Factions, give them Ranger as a secondary and do the quest to get the Black Moa. That's worth two points.

- After that, ANY lvl 20 pet and two more heroes in armor gets you 2 more points.

- If you have the funds to get elite armor, grab Vabbian, Luxon or Kurzick, and one other for 4 more points. (The materials are pricey... but even if you can only get three of the cheaper sets, that's still 2 points.)

- You're only 6 minis away from another 1 point... Depending on how much gold you have, you could just buy what you need in Eye of the North.

- Go through the War in Kryta content... The bounties should quickly get you enough of the collector items to get an Oppressor Weapon of choice. Even just one is worth 2 points. (Plus if you're looking to play something in GW1, it's just plain fun.)

That right there will get you up to lvl 20.

- Ooops. Sorry, it seems like you haven't finished Factions and Nightfall yet... instead of War in Kryta, maybe fasttrack toward the end of those. Two more titles gets you 3 more points.

I would also advise to have fun doing it but not stress out over it... Like others have said, the items are not the biggest deals. It's a fun goal to have if you're looking for something to do in GW1, but it's not going to make any difference in how much fun you'll have in GW2.

Plus you can always go back and add on to your HoM (like when you have more birthday presents and whatnot.

Back