AHH!!! I must now humble myself...

XionTawa

Okay, so I bought a laptop around Christmas time, and it had Vista (YUK!!!), so I finally got around to putting XP on it, and everything was fine, but yesterday I finally put XP Pro on it, and I cannot find nVidia drivers for it, the XP won't work, and the Vista ones won't work, and HP said they can send me the recovery discs, but I really do not want to go back to Vista... Anyone have any ideas what I can do, (nVidia only carries the drivers I need for Vista...stupidness...)

Go to Vista, I use it and LOVE it... just take a bit of tweeking to get it to run smooth.

Sorry, I used it, and I think it is a joke myself... I would not use it for $1000... I HATE IT!!!

I tweeked with it for DAYS, and it never ran smooth...plus I love my XP pro 25 sec startup, compared to Vista's 5 minute...

Wow, well it depends on what country you are going to if you want a Visa. You have to apply to the countries embassy.

Drivers can be pretty cheap they will work for around a dollar an hour in most countries not including the price of gas.

Oh wait. You said Vista.......

Nevermind.....

hate to tell you but your stuck with vista, most of the hp laptops and all the laptops now adays come with vista, wanna no why nobody makes stuff for the others? couse its a pain in the butt, theres finger scanners, internal webcames, internal mics, loads of stuff, so alot of the companies arent making drivers for anything but vista for there new hardware.

the only hope you have is to find some off beat site from japan who might have made one, i recomed doing this with no kids in the room, you will have to go thru alot of adult sites to get to alot of these downloads, we had to do it for an obsolete mac os, that we needed drivers for.

hope this helps and good luck!

laptopvideo2go.com is the best site ive found for XP drivers for vista laptops, but without your specific model im not sure if they have yours. :)

Sorry, I used it, and I think it is a joke myself... I would not use it for $1000... I HATE IT!!!

I tweeked with it for DAYS, and it never ran smooth...plus I love my XP pro 25 sec startup, compared to Vista's 5 minute...

5 min? That's not the OS. My Vista boots up in less than 1 min. A joke?
No a joke is that you stated that Windows is a Lazy mans OS and you can't get it to work correctly.

Xion, for someone that talks so badly about Windows, why do you use it? Go get a Mac.

I'm not trying to be mean, but people that are always ranting on Windows or Microsoft but are really just ignorant, upset me. I use to be die hard Microsoft in my first years in the industry, but now I am a person of understanding. I know that there are good OS for certain things that is not Microsoft (Though rare).
Take for instance a High traffic DB (I'm talking 1000+ hits per sec) needs Unix with DB2 or Oracle. But for a smaller company where it's 1000 hits per day and IT staff is limited Microsoft is their best bet. You can do this for all Programs (including OSs).
In most cases I would rather talk to a tardcore Atheist about God then a Linux or Mac tardcore user.
Why microsft? cause as a business person... Microsoft offers a Lower cost of ownership per compter and server then any other program or OS out there.. even Free Linux.

5 min? That's not the OS. My Vista boots up in less than 1 min. A joke?
No a joke is that you stated that Windows is a Lazy mans OS and you can't get it to work correctly.

Xion, for someone that talks so badly about Windows, why do you use it? Go get a Mac.

I'm not trying to be mean, but people that are always ranting on Windows or Microsoft but are really just ignorant, upset me. I use to be die hard Microsoft in my first years in the industry, but now I am a person of understanding. I know that there are good OS for certain things that is not Microsoft (Though rare).
Take for instance a High traffic DB (I'm talking 1000+ hits per sec) needs Unix with DB2 or Oracle. But for a smaller company where it's 1000 hits per day and IT staff is limited Microsoft is their best bet. You can do this for all Programs (including OSs).
In most cases I would rather talk to a tardcore Atheist about God then a Linux or Mac tardcore user.
Why microsft? cause as a business person... Microsoft offers a Lower cost of ownership per compter and server then any other program or OS out there.. even Free Linux.

I do not think you are being mean, the reason I hate Windows so much is that I am a BIG video editor, and used to get paid to do it, and NOTHING for Windows was any good, I mean, there is always Premiere Pro, but it runs kinda sloppy on Windows... I found BETTER FREE video editing software with Linux, and Final Cut Pro is amazing... So, if you want to know why, here lies my main reason against Windows...

Also, I enjoy GUI environments like Linux Fedora and the such, because the very simple point and click environment in windows bores me...

Also, I do not know how it is not the Vista OS causing the slow start up, because with XP on it, it is 35 secs...

I do not think you are being mean, the reason I hate Windows so much is that I am a BIG video editor, and used to get paid to do it, and NOTHING for Windows was any good, I mean, there is always Premiere Pro, but it runs kinda sloppy on Windows... I found BETTER FREE video editing software with Linux, and Final Cut Pro is amazing... So, if you want to know why, here lies my main reason against Windows...
AHHH...see you are closer to freeing your mind... I agree that Linux and Macs are better for this... shoot Microsoft will tell you that.

Also, I enjoy GUI environments like Linux Fedora and the such, because the very simple point and click environment in windows bores me...

Also, I do not know how it is not the Vista OS causing the slow start up, because with XP on it, it is 35 secs...

The issue is this, Vista is that OS (Just like XP did and 95 before that) that is pushing the PCs into a new faster more powerful world. So it is most likly your Laptop not able to handle the OS to the fullist... People call is poor design, I call it advancing the industry. Look where we've came just gaming wise sense the release of Windows 95.

So in 10 more years when the next big step comes from Windows we will have this same convesation. Just like all those people that didn't want to leave 98 for XP. This is nothing new.

Really to run Vista well you need atleast dual core and two gigs of ram. as well as atleast a 7200 RPM drive (Most laptops do not come with that fast of a Hard Drive.)

Really to run Vista well you need atleast dual core and two gigs of ram. as well as atleast a 7200 RPM drive (Most laptops do not come with that fast of a Hard Drive.)

My lappy does meet these requirements...but...I don't know, contacted HP, and they said I should just stick with Vista...but whatever...I have to wait a few days for them to send me my discs that wasn't already with the PC in the first place before I can game on it... :(

Okay, things I have done so far:

Tried almost every possible driver from the nVidia site, both mobile and desktop.

Tried many drivers on laptopvideo2go.com...

Tried Omega Drivers...

Tried other nVidia software...

Anyone other suggestions?

I upgraded my laptop to Vista last weekend. love it. Runs much faster than XP did.

I agree with Xion on video editing though. Final Cut pro is da bomb.

I now have about 1.5 hours to fix this problem, can anyone help me, even if I have to switch back to...Vista... I just need a working laptop in...ehhhh...I could take 2 hours if I HAD to... But REMEMBER, I have no discs... :(

Back