A'ight...Pub 2, for real this time...

Sounds good. MyU was eliminated from the TAM league through a somewhat questionably unlucky series of events. No more Sunday night matches.

kraniac said:
Sounds good. MyU was eliminated from the TAM league through a somewhat questionably unlucky series of events. No more Sunday night matches.
Gasp! How, I wonder? Anyway, I should be able to make that if I remember (that's usually the problem with me :rolleyes: )

Shagz said:
Agreed, sunday evening then. Time: How about 9 or 10pm EST? Eariler? Later?
I'd prefer 8 p.m. Central (9 p.m. Eastern) just because I have to be up pretty early to get to the license bureau and bank tomorrow (b00 errands).

If 9pm EST is good for everybody else, then that's when we'll meet up. We'll try and find an ONS server that's got a good ping for ColdSteel! :)

How about we meet on XFire? Or would Team Speak be better, just to get started? James hasn't posted in here yet, but I know he doesn't do the XFire thing...

Hey all., It was fun what little time I got to play against-with you all. I just can't download a 11 MB map. I downloade the torlan-ece map that was 7 MB and you all finished up the game before I got done. The last map it switched to was 14MB so I exited.
I'm glad Radial got in a game. I saw him playing some DM and thought I lost him in the server switch. I'm back to my regular computer monitor now. The large movie screen was just way to much to keep up with. I had to turn my head instead of just moving my eyes.
Another cable provider bought out our old provider and now another one is about to take it over. The new one is saying they are going to provide cable internet to their customers in one year. Say a little prayer for CS. It's a glimmer of hope for broadband.

That was fun... Haven't checked this forum since ColdSteel's jumbo-tron, so thanks for giving me the heads up. I'm a sucker for good friends and good TAM. :D

Was great to see so many ToJ'ers playing on one server.

I too had a ton of fun tonight guys, I just wish I had a working headset so that I could bother your ears with my shockingly freakish voice! :) Anyway, definitely a barrel 'o fun, we need to do it some more.

I had to turn my head instead of just moving my eyes.

I usually refrain from internet acronyms, but really, LOL. :)

Good stuff, must have been record #'s tonight. I saw Cold Steel, Killerah, Radial (ne James), Landslide (ne Kraniac), Kidan and Tek out tonight.

Pub Night 3, coming soon...

Yea, TAM was pretty fun. Kind of reminded me of Q3 Threewave Capturestrike games...

Jailbreak's an excellent mod as well. How many of you guys have that?

Shagz said:
Yea, TAM was pretty fun. Kind of reminded me of Q3 Threewave Capturestrike games...

Jailbreak's an excellent mod as well. How many of you guys have that?

Jailbreak is good but I'm not sure how many servers there are that play it. Also, it seemed to be one of those things that COULD be really awesome, but in practice, people were too concerned with just deathmatching it up to make it strategic or exciting. Plus, all the extra features sort of distract from the main game, like the Win Your Freedom bit with the jail fights, and the Llama bits, and a lot of the maps are pretty dumb (like having an instagib rifle as an actual weapon-- that's hardly balanced). Anyway, it's a pretty fast redirect download if you just join a server that's playing it so I'll get it if we play it.

The file is 100 MB... Hope you won't have to d/l it all from a redirect. However we will probably not be playing since since you pretty much tore it up with that post. LOL.

Last edited:
Actually, it's a bit of a bigger download 'cuz of all the custom maps for the mod.

And Mothership - 69.9.163.130:7777 - is still up and running, if not always busy. And if we're all online and playing, then it can get strategic. :)

I guess I always liked it because it fit so well with all the existing game types. It was like it was meant to be there from the get go, and Epic just kind of found the code lying around. :)

I already have jailbreak installed and working. The maps in the server is what I don't have. I got one downloaded (20minutes). Do you all know where I could get the jailbreak maps. Most of the places I went to didn't have the jailbreak maps. That server Shagz worked great.

Back