Aion Online Questions...

XionTawa

1.) Was Aion actually created NCsoft, or is NCsoft just "hosting" the english client...? ...and why would NCsoft the release the game in Korea and China before in America and Europe?

2.) What is the endgame like?

I read somewhere (so not positive) that NCsoft only has publishing rights in NA so they don't have much to do with the actual game mechanics other then prepping it for the Americans.

The endgame consists of 4 instances to raid (24man biggest I believe) and a massive zone called the Abyss that is PvPvE. The 2 PC factions fight each other in full aerial combat with keep/castle taking and sieges. A 3rd faction that is NPC controlled plays the equalizer and can be swayed to fight for either side or against both. There are PvE quests and objectives in order to sway the 3rd faction to your side so apparently in the middle of a big siege the NPC faction could turn against you and start slaughtering your team. They said that this is no light thing, it plays a massive part in the server dynamics and no two servers will look the same due to the way the NPC faction is playing out.

But yeah, other then crafting great gear and instance grinding for loot, I think the PvPvE zone is the big endgame at this point.

One thing that really pulls me for MMOs is what the solo endgame is... Which with WoW was nothing but dailies...hehe... EQ2 seems to be nice, solo instances and shard quests...plus the housing... I am wondering what Aion will have in store for solo-ers... I really enjoy group content, but usually my play times hit when most people aren't on (after midnight EST)...

ok woah I read that review and the open field boss camping where you duke it out with rival guilds for the boss kill sounds AWESOME!

Interesting...but...I played WoW for 4.5 years, and I see almost no similarities...other than they are both MMORPGs... I get rather sick of people saying every MMORPG is like WoW...because they aren't...just because a game is an MMORPG doesn't mean it is like WoW...every MMORPG will have action bars and game menus, and have for at least 10 years...lol... (Someone who was hating on Aion said Aion is a WoW clone because it had action bars like WoW...and I was like, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!? Have you played any other MMORPG before WoW???) And the weird thing is how many people actually think WoW was the first MMORPG...what's up with that... WoW was about 15 years too late...lol... But other than that...some interesting info...

Last edited:
Quote: "But that's considering I can't stand doing the same things all the time, and I go around doing stupid things.
Seriously, if I even had the intention of only maxing out my level, I think I could have hit level 50 in no longer than 4 weeks."

This could be the game I have been waiting for, but I am still not preordering...not yet anyways... Still have at least 3 months at least...

Hello,

I am new to this site and I actually was wondering if there was anything like the "CGA". Pretty awesome. I plan on playing Aion on release and would love to be a part of a Christian guild. I have preordered Aion.

Also, it's confirmed the NA release will release with patch 1.5, the current Korean patch. So it's a polished and finished game already which is a plus. From what I have seen each patch has introduced substantial content to the game which is what I really liked about WoW in the early days. Now the content they put out is minimal and it is showing in their subscription numbers finally.

I will be scarce to begin with as I am getting married late October and Honeymoon half of November. Send me a message if a Christian based Aion Legion is in the works.

Thanks,

Jason

I am not currently interested in Aion, but there is a good chance will we have a Christian Aion Guild/Legion, as long as there is enough interest...

There are 2 more Beta Events to go, the next one I believe tests levels 1-30 on both sides.

If you have never played Aion before, it might be a good idea just from a class choice standpoint, as some of the classes might not work out like you thought they would.

I am interested in Aion.
Open beta.. is there a free download for this or is this only available for pre orders? Sort of defeats the purpose if I have to buy the game to try it out :)

edit:
Just did some research on the game and I doubt I will be able to resist lol

How many have shown interest in a christian guild for this game?

Last edited:
I am interested in Aion.
Open beta.. is there a free download for this or is this only available for pre orders? Sort of defeats the purpose if I have to buy the game to try it out :)

edit:
Just did some research on the game and I doubt I will be able to resist lol

How many have shown interest in a christian guild for this game?

The idea behind beta is to eliminate bugs, not "try out" a game. When the game is actually released they will probably offer a trial.

Actually where that may have been the case in the past and still is to some degree. When you see companies stagger the betas like this, offer it in a preorder package and give away keys all over the internet in contests...I think the purpose of the beta is mainly to create hype and get people to try out the game and get hooked.

Especially in Aion since it has already been a retail game for 9 months now and this is just the "Westernization" taking place before the NA launch.

Back