Alergies

FYI

hey elite there is an updated list of that somewhere. It has different numbers and supplied the creditable sources from which they got each stat, and they retracted the hetero/homo-sexual thing, because there was no definative source to rely on.

-not taking anything away from your point.
It really makes you but this world in perspective.
wink.gif

wow i started such an interesting luving and "hip" topic lol i feel special now
biggrin.gif
W00T W00t

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Feb. 21 2003,8:25)]   80 would live in substandard housing
Im just curious, if 80 of 100 live in substandard housing, just what is standard?

here's the updated list..

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like this:
60 Asians
12 Europeans
15 from the Western Hemisphere ( 9 Latin Americans, 5 North Americans, and 1 Oceanian )
13 Africans

Source: UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division, "World Population Prospects: The 2000 Revision."

50 would be female
50 would be male

Source: U.S. Bureau of the Census International Data Base, Table 094: Midyear Population by Age and Sex 2001.

80 would be non-white
20 would be white

Source: U.S. Bureau of the Census International Data Base, Table 001: Total Midyear Population 2001, assuming the populations of South America, Asia, and Africa are "non-white" and those of North America, Europe, and Oceania are "white."

67 would be non-Christian
33 would be Christian

Source: Britannica Book of the Year 1999, "Religious Population of the World, 1998," reprinted at infoplease.com, using numbers from the "Christians" heading only for the Christian percentage.

20 people would earn 89% of the entire world's wealth

Source: The International Herald Tribune, February 5, 1999, cited in the World Income Inequality table.

25 would live in substandard housing

Source: Habitat for Humanity International, "Why Habitat is Needed."

17 would be unable to read

Source: UNICEF, "The State of the World's Children 1999."

13 would suffer from malnutrition

Source: UN Food and Agriculture Organization report, cited at OBGYN.net.

1 would die within the year
2 would give birth within the year

Source: U.S. Census Bureau, World Vital Events Per Time Unit 2001.

2 would have a college education

Source: UNESCO Institute for Statistics, World Education Indicators, Gross Enrollment Ratio by Sex.

4 would own a computer

Source: UN Human Development Indicators, "Access to Information and Communications 1995."

Please note: In our research, we were unable to find a consensus on the ratio of hetersexual to homosexual people in the world and subsequently omitted that statistic.

although, the most reliable statistic is that homosexuals DO NOT make up 10% of the population. closer to 2%.

stupid liberal propaganda
mad.gif

I haven't played CS, so this isn't a normal topic I frequent, but I noticed the title. My family goes to a chiropractor for allergies. It's GREAT. Chiropractors do more than just help aches/pains. They are really adjusting your spine so it optimizes your complete nervous system. The allergy testing is pretty wild, but it works and is totally painless. Unfortunately, most insurance plans don't cover alternate care. We have had your general allergies removed (like pollen, dust, food) as well as some strange ones (like our family has been allergic to each other). Strange, I know. But, for example, when my 2nd child was born, she never wanted me to hold her. She would always cry and fidget. So we tested her and she was allergic to me. She got adjusted and the problem went away.

I realize this sounds very strange. If anyone has any questions, send me a private message, since I don't read this board. Hmmm, maybe I will try to watch this topic.

chiro's rox0r. I went to one reguarly for shoulder pain when I had my motorcycle. I also saw him reguarly after my wreck.
tounge.gif

lots of good things can be done without surgery through proper chiropractic care.

Cory

a chiropractor helps me with my lower back pain, it works good as long as i stretch everyday.

but allergic to other people?!?

that just sounds nutty
rock.gif

I think chiropractor are evil anyone i know who goes to one starts hurting just a little bit goes once then if they dont go back within a few weeks they get massive pain worse then ever, I think they put some sorta voodoo curse on you so if you dont come back you will hurt. Eventualy going becomes an addiction and they can not go a few days without seeing the chiropractor.

well i had major back problems so i went to a regular doctor. She basically said that there was nothing wrong with me, and perscribed tones of pain killers.

I, not one to take lots of drugs, saught a second opinion.

The chiropractor took twice as many xrays and spent over and hour evaluating me during my first appointment. He found that my 2 lowest discs were almost gone. THe main thing i need was to be more flexible in my lower back.
I only need to see the Dr. when i havnt done my part (stretching each day). Chiropractors dont make ppl worse! Many times the people who think they do, dont take care of their bodies so they find themselves back at the doctor.

Exo, usually when you go to a chiro, the reason why there is pain the first few visits is because the spine is out of whack. it is very easy to get a disc out of place and experience some pain from it. the body will then /adjust/ to the new alignment. muscles will be stretched, ect. Chiro, just like any Dr. can become addictive. I have not been to my chiro from my bike wreck in over 3 months. (I only saw him for 3 months). Alternatives to conventional medicine are becoming more and more popular (especially when it comes to back and neck problems) because they don't require surgery. Ask anyone who has had back surgery and most of them require subsequent surgeries in the years following because it actually causes more problems than it fixes. The very first chiro I saw was a few years ago because I was having severe headaches and found out my vertebre in my neck were pinching my nerves and causing it. I don't get migranes near as often (I've only had 2 or 3 in the past year) so I am a firm believer in chiropractic medicine.

Cory

space ghost, get claritin
smile.gif
I think its over the counter now.

claritin=no more allergies (coming from the guy who had the 200 test ((back and both arms)) when I was age 5, and again at age 8)

I think I took a test when I was three. I still dont have any allergies to this day although i do have a very sensitive nose. If someone lights a cig or something, expext me to cough or gag untill I pass out =\

Back