Alienware Computer for Sale!

tjguitarz

Note: I originally posted this only in the CGA general forums, but I thought you guys might like a looksie too. And I hope this isn't considered spamming!

Alienware MJ-12 7700m

17 inch display, very glossy, INCREDIBLE PICTURE
Full keyboard and number pad
Built in webcam
External sound card (don't have the specs on me right now)
Slots for SD cards, 4 USB ports, and all the other usual connecting things
External floppy drive

Processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz (x86 family)(never overclocked)

Memory
2 gig of ram (2 x 1024MB)

Motherboard
Manufacturer: CLEVO
Product: D900T
Serial Number: 400

Video Card
NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400
Adapter RAM: 256MB

Hard Drive
100 GB @ 7200 rpm

2 DVD drives, capable of ripping and burning DVDs and CDs (2 at once if you feel like it)

Operating System

Microsoft XP Professional

Benchmarks
Doom 3 @ 64.8 fps

Wireless Card
WLAN a+b+g mini-PCI Module

Alienware Respawn
Put the disk in, click a few buttons, and start off everything completely new.

2 backpacks
One was the bonus $100 dollar backpack (VERY sturdy). The other was a quasi-briefcase. They are both in great condition.

Alienware Customer Support
Rated number 1 by a whole mess of people. They can get you through ANY computer difficulty.

Games included:
Half Life 2
Half Life 1
FarCry (plays it beautifully)
F.E.A.R. (plays it beautifully)
Oblivion
Quake 4
There might be a few more, but I can't remember their names.

The laptop is in great condition. It's clean. There are some scratches on the cover, but nothing that's TOO terrible. I originally paid $4200 for it all in December of 2005. Considering it's only 1.4 years old, well taken care of, and I'm desperate for money, I'll let it go for $3500. PM if you're interested. I'll be considering other offers.

Last edited:
Aspiring author? Sweet. What do you write?

I'll offer up prayers for you for your continued inspiration and guidance in your journey.

The Lord gifted me with a Christian fantasy story idea several years ago (If I write it, it would be my second novel). I'm a bit overwhelmed with the ideas He's given me; every time I pray and try different ideas, I find I am only adding to/expanding on what I already have. It would probably end up as a multi-volume work, so I'm a bit intimidated by it all...AND...since, I'm a master of procrastination, it might take me a while to get my wheels going in the proper direction...heh heh...so we'll see what becomes of it.

God's speed and blessings with your projects.

Last edited:
I write scifi/fantasy. I've actually finished book 1 of my 1st series, and right now I'm working to polish it for a publisher. That's awesome that you write too, what happened to your first novel? And you've got to give that procrastination the boot!

I teach middle and high school English...as well as a high school Creative Writing Elective...so I'm always surrounded by writing (generally POOR writing, but writing none the less).

When I tackled my first novel, I knew, from my years of reading, schooling, and all that stuff, that first novels were pretty poopy...SO, I wrote the story with the mind-set that it would be my "Apprentice Novel."...probably not going to be publishable...just a learning thing.

This was very liberating as it gave me license to write garbage...to not be afraid of what went down on the paper, or on the computer screen. Ernest Hemmingway talks about this...although with a bit more flowery...and...err...wordly language.

With this "Apprentice Novel," I could write the story, bang out the needed kinks...learning the craft as I go...just as interested in the journey (the learning of the process) as I was in reaching the end...hopefully getting a completed manuscript at the end. I figured, my first attempt, would probably not be publishable because of the learning curve...and the "garbage" stuff...but it would certainly be an interseting learning experience...and it was.

As my students wrote in class, I wrote along side them. This was cool, because it modeled that writing was something of importance to regular people...not just something a teacher told them they had to do...they SAW me doing it...and joined in on the fun.

Now, it's about 6 or 7 years after I started it...I finished the first draft, probably, 2 years into the process. The rewrites are what dragged it out.

I'm stalled on my 6th rewrite...where I decided to add a new character into the mix, as well as change a few things around...working to add some interesting character traits for the audience to sink their teeth into. AND, that's where it has sat...in MID 6th draft rewrite.

I understand that this NEW story idea that had been coming to me, could, very well be seen as yet another one of the many forms of writer's block that plague us as creative artists. After all, ANYTHING that keeps you from writing...from putting words down...is a block...stopping the creative flow.

I knew that this new idea was much better than the old one...and I also knew that I had accomplished what I had set out to do with that first idea...to learn and to finish the story. I HAD finished the story, but it continually screamed for change...and I just kinda felt, "HO HUM" about it after that many years.

I still pull it out frequently, to use in my classes...not as an example of what a writer's work should look like...certainly not...HA!...but to illustrate how stories can grow and change...just like people do. It leads into some really cool discussions.

The story is kind of an old D & D era fantasy, dealing with artifacts of power and jealous gods...and all that.

My new idea...which...cough...cough...ahem...has been gathering dust for a few years now...is kind of a Christian allegory...dealing with the Armor of God, Salvation, and our individual struggles...trying to find our destinies..and, ultimately, find Him.

This is cool that I'm writing this here, on this forum, because I feel the Holy Spirit prodding me to action on this project again. AND, if I looked on it as I did my other writing project...not as an "Apprentice Novel," but more of as a Spiritual journey...kind of like a creative writing Bible study...sort of...the journey would be the reward. After all, anything that brings us closer to Him is a work worth doing.

Well, I see that the clock is prodding me to wrap up and go home to my wife and kids...chat with you later...and, thank you for your response on your writing. This would be a cool thread to beging...kind of a Christian writer's forum thinger...yeah.

God bless and hope to continue this discussion further...anyone else want to join in on the fun?

HA! That's too funny.

I bookmarked it for easy access.

Thank you...looks like I have a bit of reading ahead of me...and, very much, looking forward to it.

I guess this is one item I can cross off my, "Gosh, I wish I could someday find this" list.

Lowering the price now to $2,500. If you're interested, contact me ASAP!

And corpfox, I'm trying to stay away from eBay.

You could try your local craigs list ... we've had loads of success with our local craigs list. Plus, no shipping fees and no listing fees.

Back