Am I in the wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc.slim

I fear I haved messed things up for my brothers and sisters of toj by my weird barrage about witnessing on the gaming community and then my asking about whether part of my tithe could go to help toj...(its not tho) I never intended any harm and I truly believe in a christain community with the common bond of Jesus Christ. But suddenly things have slowed down and friends have quit!!! I feel like its my fault and that I stumbled or caused another brother and sister to. Maybe I spam to much or volunteer for things I really have no clue how to help but willing to try.. Am I to old to even be here or maybe People think that my time should be used elsewhere? I have a most excellent family which are all saved and I spend time with each one individually and as a family. (9 Zach aka pnut, 10 Amanda aka drama queen and Miranda 17) excellent grades well almost for my 17yr old. I do have three boys two older and one 16 with real pops. I hop on this site and play a game with what I call tv time/free time and I thought I could have fun and witness to.. Again my bad and I am sorry!!!

Last edited:
I commend you on your openess cc.slim.

As for age, it is not a big issue if you remember you are old, like me. I have consistantly been one of the oldest in my time here, with Dark Age of Camelot and now World of Warcraft.

On the other issues, I cannot speak because I have not seen those posts. But, I beleive we can work anything out when we let the Jeus in us talk with the Jesus in others.

cc.slim,

I haven't seen any posts that could be deemed offensive or disruptive. I commend your efforts to encourage witnessing in the community. There may be a sluggish response as witnessing in-game is a difficult subject and many Christian gamers may think that playing the game in a way which glorifies Christ, rather than directly approaching non-Christians about their faith (or lack thereof), may be the only way to witness in-game.

As for your age, that's no trouble at all. Many of our members are past the 15-30 age range most people still identify as potential gamers. Even mainstream media is starting to wake up to the fact that many gamers are past the age of 30.

In regards to volunteering, age is only a concern in that many of our older members work full-time jobs, take care of children, and are already involved in their local churches. Few of our older members have the time to volunteer, but I would certainly not turn them down on the basis of age. There are many positions in ToJ I would only entrust to wise and mature members. Age does not necessarily equal maturity, but experience often helps widen one's perspective and develop empathy with younger people.

If there is a specific volunteer position or new project you would like to start, whether in ToJ or CGA, please let me know. I try to find a place for as many people as want to help these communities.

Your not old slim just alittle over the hill. And I've always thought u're a member the younger cats should strive to be like. Your alot of fun to play with and u always make sure everyone on the server is having a good time. So I would hate to see u go.
And if u stay I'll promise to stop making old man jokes. RISL!!!!!!!

Hey what does age have to do with it your a part of the body of Christ period. Psalm 133: 1-3. Bless you bro and you should know I am 50 years old. I'm not old, I'm a recycled teenager!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back