an important discovery about muels TERRAN PLAYERS MUST READ!

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I did an experiment today. On the internet there are rumors that if you select the closest mineral next to your command center for your muel to mine.....then you will get an additional 30 minerals out of harvesting before the muel dies. I selected three maps, xel naga, blistering, and angia. Blistering sands appeared to have the closest mineral location out of all the maps. I tested the trick and the results are surprising! Not only do you NOT get that extra 30, but the muel mining the minerals that are (most near your command center) actually take the extra 30 minerals and NEVER make it in time to the base before they die. I re did this experiment a few times and watched the mineral patch.....surely if your muel dies, you would think that the minerals taken wouldn't count right? wrong. When the muel dies with it's minerals, the mineral patch loses 30 minerals!!! THAT'S A HUGE DEAL!!! It is impossible for the muel to mine those 300 minerals that are rumored on the internet. In fact, I tested this trick by using the minerals that are most furthest away from the command center and it dosen't harvest any more or less. It's exactly 270 minerals no matter how far or how close the minerals are to the base. Thus in conclusion it's actually FAR better for you to make the muel harvest the minerals that are furthest away from your base so you don't end up losing 30 minerals per patch!!!

Hope this helps! : )

nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Interesting. I've wondered if SCVs that had mined Minerals were selected to harvest gas at a Refinery ended up losing those extra moneys. It looks like they do, not sure though. End up taking the empty-handed workers when a Refinery finishes just in case.

I wish zerg had mules...it would stabilize our economies a lot. They would actually give zerg players an advantage over their opponents on fast expos, instead of evening the two players out.

Last edited:
nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Interesting. I've wondered if SCVs that had mined Minerals were selected to harvest gas at a Refinery ended up losing those extra moneys. It looks like they do, not sure though. End up taking the empty-handed workers when a Refinery finishes just in case.

LOL! at that picture!! ;D

Yeah, as a terran player, I always used to wonder why my patches would run out so gosh darn fast. now i know that each muel i summoned on the closer patches ended up costing me an extra 30 minerals.

I'm actually surprised drones don't get a speed increase on creep.

Of course on the creep the drones wouldn't be faster than drones, they would be the same speed as other workers only on creep. Then Blizz would affirm that drones are superior because of their speed buff on creep even though it's the same as probes, scvs off creep.

I mean in all honesty, isn't this what blizzard does with all other zerg units? :p

rofl naruto xDDD I don't understand why you and jam think marines counter roaches! xDD That's one of the most ridiculous arguments I have heard. Are you going to QQ about marines being over powered while they are fungal growthed and 30 banes come in? xD

Regarding that video (awesome game:)), so how is Be-A-SC1-Micro-God going to be the new way to play Terran? Was there some other general strategy other than being good at micro that I'm missing out on?

Back