Anetheron Fight Strat

UgSneak

I am going to do a Little cutting and pasting here for the Information on how to do this fight. Also some editing for Redeemed My Opinion of the strat after review Many other strats.

First his damage.

• Melee: 3-6k on plate
  • Carrion Swarm: 60-yard range; random direction cone-shaped AoE, 3-6k shadow damage plus 15 sec debuff which reduces healing done by 75%; cast about every 15 seconds
  • Sleep: 55-yard range; A 10 second stun on 3 targets. WoTF, tremor totem and the PvP trinket do not work on this ability.
  • Vampiric Aura: heals himself for 300% of the damage that he deals in melee
  • Inferno: every 60 seconds he targets a random raid member, stuns them for 2 sec and summons a Towering Infernal on them
  • Berserk: 10 minutes ENRAGE
Towering Infernal Damage

• Immolation: 8 yard AoE for 3-4 k fire damage every two seconds
  • Vampiric Aura: The Infernals profit from Anetherons Vampiric Aura if they're close enough to him
  • Immune to taunt
What we need to do to prep.

Raid leader is going to Raid mark all the the Healers for MT healing. So that they know where they are. Also raid leader is going to spread out.

Second all healers should have a little Shadow protection without Gimping themselves.

Third ROGUES!!! ALL Must have wounding Poison on a Hand to make sure he has 5 poisons on him at all times.

Positions

Positioning is the key to this fight. MT healers must be spread out so they don't all get hit by Shadow Swarm at the same time. Give them a a raid symbol, so they can see the their positions to each other.
Rogues stay on Anetheron at all times while Ranged DPS should kill the Infernals in between DPS'ing Anetheron.

Carrion Swarm

Quite often, he will do his Carrion Swarm in a frontal cone in a random direction. It hits for 4250-5750 Shadow damage and leaves a debuff that reduces healing done by 75% for 15 seconds. Don't bother to heal when having this debuff, it's not worth the mana cost. Healers should look out for each others and especially MT healers must be spread out well so they don't all get hit by it at the same time.

Towering Infernals

You will need a tank to tank the Towering Infernals away from the raid. As soon as someone is hit by Inferno, they should start running towards your Infernal-Tank.
Protection Paladin in the raid he is great for the job with Exorcism and/or Avenger's Shield to get agro.

A Warrior or Feral Druid can use their ablities do this to.
Also a Hunter rotation to do Misdirect for the Off tank would help also

As soon as the Towering Infernal is brought to the tank spot DPS, Ranged DPS it down fast.
The Offtank wearing a bit of Fire Resistance helps on the healing as the Infernals do a Fire AOE attack in 8 yards radius.

2 Healers should be enough to keep the Infernal-Tank up.

I am going to post two pictures these are lay outs of the Fight location. with two different variants that seem to work very effectively.

So Total we need 8 Healers 2 for off tanks and 6 for the Raid.

Reading all the Strats and looking at the fight and being in the fight I believe we can Knock this guy down without a problem.

Ug

Last edited:
I really liked this YouTube overview:

Anetheron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUFkFGA6Muw&feature=related
They tank him down the hill (not necessarily in the middle of the bottom of the hill, but closer towards the tower) which gives some healers space near the blacksmith to be setup.

There are also some good DPS perspectives videos on BossKillers.

Not having the BT SR necklace is a bummer, but there are some good SR drops from the Ethereum prisoners (farm rep too! :D ). Those in combo should put us in resist range for the carrion swarm. I know looking ahead at the next fights and then further in BT we all need to be working on shadow resist sets.

Last edited:
I noticed in the strat position there are actually 10 healers (o_O) 4 for raid/4 for MT/ 2 for offtank. that is a lot of healage. :)

Ug, as the infernal tank, should I stay right at infernal tank position and wait for Sandric to bring infernal over? Or help him round it up which is what I was trying to do, but unfortunately everytime I was put to sleep! Then by the time I got free, and headed over to position Sandric went down. Keeping me in one location would help healers know where I am and help players know where to run an infernal too. With Sandric getting more fire gear, he should stay up longer also.

Last edited:
Tremor totems can help with the sleep problem. In most videos I've seen when the infernals pop is two things:

1. The person with the infernal starts running towards the tank location (Jaina's tower)
2. Hunter is misdirecting to the infernal tank.

If the misdirects are consistent and the infernals don't wipe out the raid on the trip over (people just hit with carrion) it should be pretty smooth.

(in theory, right? :D)

If the infernals pop up every 60 seconds, a minimum of 2 hunters would be required to use a misdirect rotation because of the cooldown on it.

<unsolicitedcommentary>
Tremor totems can help with the sleep problem. In most videos I've seen when the infernals pop is two things:

1. The person with the infernal starts running towards the tank location (Jaina's tower)
2. Hunter is misdirecting to the infernal tank.

If the misdirects are consistent and the infernals don't wipe out the raid on the trip over (people just hit with carrion) it should be pretty smooth.

(in theory, right? :D)

1.) based on previous experience...TT doesn't seem to effect the sleep (so the shammys say...and i wouldn't necessarily trust shammys)

2.) don't rely on MDs...cooldowns can be up, not enough hunters in a raid on a particular day...people need to move towards the tank and the raid needs to be cognizant of the infernal coming down; if you die because you're next to an infernal...pretty much your fault; when you see it come down and you're ranged...get out of its path then follow it to the tank spot

3.) healers must, must, must, must, must make sure they're spread out enough so that multiple helears aren't getting nailed by carrion swarm; keep in mind that it goes out in an arc...the further you are away from him, the more you need to be spread out horizontally; likewise, if you're closer in, you can be closer together (which is what the 2nd picture depicts)

4.) *i* think the 2nd diagram is better for the infernal spots since it looks to give the healers access to Jana's aura whereas the other doesn't

5.) don't forget aimed shot / ms?!...rogues should be in the thick of it and applying poison all the time, but in generall, all healing reduction debuffs need to be up that you have available

6.) i wouldn't call SR gear necessary for this fight for healers if you're sufficiently spread out; nice to have, but i wouldn't go overboard on gimping yourselves...positioning > resist gear; ... and dps shouldn't be stacking any SR unless you're planning on bandaging yourselves :); maybe you want to the first couple of times to tune positioning...but

7.) for the ranged moving onto infernals...when you move to infernals, a.) do it immediately and b.) stay out of range of carrion swarm so you don't get hit with the damage component by moving more than 60y from anetheron; i preferred staying around that little hill on the bottom left (a little closer to the road)

</unsolicitedcommentary>

and congratulations! after this...only 2 more trash pulls and you're @ archimonde! honestly, the next two fights are pretty much ez-mode, particularly if you have SR gear (and mages should obviously be running Mage Armor).

one more vid but i doubt we need it after all the commentary listed above (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxC0FGU8Mo&feature=related)

I agree we should use the 2nd diagram for positioning in the respect of being able to get to the infernal tank easily.

Pally tank should be able to help pull infernal towards Infernal Tank. I don't think Goodwone should move from her position much if at all so the there is no confusion as to her current position when an Infernal comes down.

If we can hold our respective positions in the diagram esp for healers then we have this fight. minimizing the damage output from Anetheron will decrease the amount he is healed thus dropping him faster so all damage reducing abilities should be used asap.

One thing I thought we could try if I or another warrior is tanking him, is to have dps hold of and really let the tank get some good aggro. Have all damage reducing abilities up (thunder clap, demo shout, etc). Tank pops Shield Wall while shammies go Heroism and just go crazy on dps as much as possible to get the most damage on him at once while he's taking minimal healing due to outrageous damage reduction. It could be for only a short time but could help greatly. Let me know if you want to try it or not. Overall we are doing great. Everywhere I have read on this and the other boss fights for Hyjal is that if you can clear the trash waves...you can kill the boss.

It says in the guide that TT doesn't work.

I believe it comes from guides like...

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild/index.cgi?action=view_guide&guide_id=111&sid=unwZPNNKo7

"Sleep - Sleeps up to 3 random targets for 10 seconds. Dispellable by Tremor Totem or Will of the Forsaken."

Like I said...I've only heard people complain that it doesn't work. But ice block does :) So will your PvP trinket.

I agree we should use the 2nd diagram for positioning in the respect of being able to get to the infernal tank easily.

The second one isn't so much about getting to the tank easily...it's about keeping the healers in range of Jana's aura. Arguably the first picture is better in terms of keeping a nice clear path that the infernal can be kited through.

minimizing the damage output from Anetheron will decrease the amount he is healed thus dropping him faster so all damage reducing abilities should be used asap.

How much he heals will depend on who's tanking him. High Avoidance or mitigation > health pool for this fight.

Vampiric Aura: heals himself for 300% of the damage that he deals in melee
(source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Anetheron_(tactics))

I suspect this version is correct rather than just the general damage statement made on BK since if it was the latter, he'd be healing himself nearly .25mil per CS which seems quite high.

yep..or + lots of armor...either way, you want to take those stats over health...then again, as with everything, there's a balance :)

Angry:don't think Goodwone should move from her position much if at all so the there is no confusion as to her current position when an Infernal comes down.

whew, yeah thanks. i agree.

I no haz pvp trinket, pvp is of the devil.......(oh the horror of tank pvping) you'all just want to see me be tortured more.

Last edited:
Back