Angels and Demons – Biblical Perspective

How do you know that demons exist? Have you ever encountered one?

Where does the Bible say that demons are angels who followed Satan?

How do you know that demons exist? Have you ever encountered one?

Where does the Bible say that demons are angels who followed Satan?
1. yes i do know they exit
2. I have encountered them..on more than one occasion
as far as demons and fallen angels..
1 Corinthians 10:21:
21(A) You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and(B) the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and(C) the table of demons.

The bible makes it very clear. You are on God's side or Satans side. There is no in between. Demons are evil..and evil is purely Satan's realm. So it stands to logic if Satan is the evil one anything that is evil is under his purview.

I, too, have encountered demons or clear demon possession on more than one occasion. Then, there are 73 references to demons in the Bible (interestingly 71 of them are in the New Testament and 62 are in the life of Christ). One thing we do know is that Jesus believed in demons.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say, "demons are fallen angels." But then, much of systematic theology is derived from what the Bible does say (e.g. the Bible does not have the word 'rapture' in it, but the concept is clearly taught). Where we get the teaching of demons stems from verses like Revelation 12:

The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. Revelation 12:9 (NIV)

Back