Anybody play indiana jones and internal machine?

SSquared

Is it just me, or are there a few insanely hard puzzles in the game? I'm currently playing through it and keep getting stuck. It's possible it's just me. I haven't really played too many adventure games, so maybe it's just that I'm not too used to the genre. I have had to use a walkthrough on a few occasions. After reading the walkthrough I think, "What? That would take forever to figure out."

When I'm done, I'd like to write a review, unless someone is already working on one. But I would like to know what others thought of the puzzles.

In general though, I am definitely enjoying the game. It's just those insane puzzles once in awhile. Like how to kill the end ice creature boss on the Shambala level.

Whoops. My fingers would rather type 'internal'. I meant 'infernal' in the subject, but I can't edit the subject.

Wow! Lots of you must play this game.
laugh.gif

Well, I'm beginning to do better with it. But if you miss ONE thing, you gotta run all the way back. And the only way to know you missed it is to read a walkthrough.

This game has huge problems on my XP machine. I am constantly freezing and exiting back to Windows. I currently have a save at the beginning of a cutscene. Unfortunately, I can't get through this cutscene without it freezing up.
mad.gif
I never had any problems when playing on Win98. Hmmmm, maybe I should turn on compatibility mode.

Hey I was going to get it, but lack of money and better games (with multiplayer) called. If I find it for real cheap on ebay I might it, but I'm more looking forward to the Emporer's Tomb.

Yeah, I've been waiting for Emperor's Tomb as well. You may want to check out specs for your machine though. Jedi Outcast on a PII 300 was at least 2 minutes to load a level. Also, I think the engine may be OpenGL only, but I'm not sure. Have you ever run Jedi Outcast?

Infernal Machine is easily found for $10, but I think I recently saw it for even less.

Hey SSquared, I'm not gonna tell you how to beat the boss, but I'll give you a universal game clue. To beat any of the bosses, you have to use their corresponding infernal machine parts. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Katarn. I was pretty sure you had played it. I think you had mentioned in the past you wanted to write a review for it.

So, did you find any of the puzzles extremely challenging? I think there is about one per level that has me looking in the walktrhough.

***SPOILER WARNING***SPOILER WARNING***
I had to read the walkthrough on the ice creature. I may have been able to figure out what to use, but to know to use it 3 times?

I have gotten tripped up on trying to get the propellor off the plane. Opening the window so the plant will grow. And others. The propellor I may have figured out if I spent enough time, but the window one...NO WAY. That one was too weird.

*** END SPOILER***END SPOILER***

Well, as I go through it, I am getting better. I realize the solution to the problem is almost always with you or nearby. But again, it may just be I am unfamiliar with this genre of games. I did read some reviews which stated some of the puzzles were quite difficult, so that made me feel better.

Overall, it's been enjoyable. Some of these levels are huge. I bought it when it first came out, played the first 3 levels, bought another game, and never finished it.

The secret to solving the puzzles is to think like Indy. Keep your eyes and your mind open, and always investigate something that seems out of place. Adventure casually.

Except when you're rafting down the stinking Tian Shan River, and you run into a rock, pop your raft, and then have to go through it again...plus I can't find the last candle inside a temple or something. Hmmm. I read about twenty thousand walkthroughs, and still can't do it...

Yeah, that raft part stinks. When I first played on my PII, it was unbearable waiting for the level to reload after getting a puncture in the raft. Now that I'm playing on a 1.8GHz, the reload is minimal (maybe 3 seconds). You just gotta keep practicing until you get just the right angle so you don't puncture. But don't forget, you also have one raft repair kit.

It seems to me, there were three paths in the water, and one path contains 2 candles. 3 of the candles are really easy to get to. You simply walk in a building and grab it. The 4th candle has you jumping across some moving platforms.

I just finished the Jeep level. That was pretty fun and nice change to the game. I had enough money for the secret map, so I am currently working on the 'secret' level "Back to Peru".

If you want a great walkethrough for The Infernal Machine, try the one at www.canofworms.com.

Actually that walkthrough didn't do a whole lot for me. But, it is one of the better reviews available for the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Feb. 19 2003,1:09)]If Unreal 2 will run on my new system, anything will.
wink.gif
Sadly, I have the theory:

If it's made before 2000, it works on my system.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katarn85 @ Feb. 19 2003,8:26)]The secret to solving the puzzles is to think like Indy.  
So, are we supposed to walk arround saying:

"I HATE SNAKES!!!!"

hehe - No seriously - I got this game about a year ago, but haven't played it yet. If enough of you guys tell me it's worth it, I might dig it up and play it. ^_^

Have a great day guys.

Back