anyone else...

B-man

is anyone else having problems getting on steam? when i start steam i get this "updating steam" window, then when it starts to connect to my account it says that im not on the internet or my connection isnt configured for steam...is anyone else getting this? do any of you know how to fix it?

I would start by exiting steam so you are logged out then rebooting. If that doesn't work, there is a clientregistry.blob file that seems to be the culprit most of the time. Look it up on the steampowered forums on where it is so you can remove it.

Yeah im having problems as well and alot of people droped from the server when a map changed. It should be ok by morning.

i dont need the clientregistry.blob file do i? Also i think the problem might fix itself....cause i just tried getting on steam and i was logged out for some reason and i when i tried logging in i got the same connection error that i got when i redownloaded/reinstalled steam a few days ago...if its not fixed within a few hours ill try deleting that file

k.....if you delete the clientregistry.blob file, Steam will automatically update when you restart it, and redownload the file.......

DOH! i just saw that Steam is having a DoS attack and is sorta not having to good of a time with it! That could be the prob too!

Back