Anyone for UT3?

What Gametypes would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain_Tea

There aren't many ToJ's playing UT3 yet. I am wondering why? I would like to set up the server to encourage more of you to come play. The server is setup for mainly DeathMatch but if you guys would be more apt to play I can setup other gametypes like Instagib, Team Instagib, Capture the Flag, Vehicle Capture the Flag, Warfare, Battle Team Arena and Battle FreezeTag Arena. Vote in the poll as to which gametypes you would most likely play. I hope to see more ToJ faces soon :D.

I wish someone would just hurry up and get cross-platform done. I guess the only chance of that ever happening will be on the gimped X360 version (no user mods or anything allowed on XBL), but I would love to play on the server. Once I move later this month and get settled in, I'll hop on when I go have my game night with my brother, seeing as he has it on PC.

Vehicle CTF on Slax!

I don't like Instagib and we will probably never have enough players for warfare. On 2004 we did have a few team deathmatch games and (what I think was but can't remember for certain) battle team arena games. Either that or I'm getting it confused with the tam mod. Whatever I shoot, bang, bang, yes, good, ug.

I'm only in it for the pirate hunting (Blackbeard) regardless :D

Last edited:
I'm not skilled enough to enjoy Instagib. I need explosives, vehicles, and/or the ability to heal teammates to make any kind of meaningful contribution to a team.

When it comes to "vanilla" deathmatch (everyone out to kill everyone else), I must have my rocket launchers. I don't mind playing against people that pwn me, so long as there are at least a few players near my skill level to make for a reasonably even match.

There are a few reasons that I haven't been playing on the UT3 server, none of them having to do with UT3 itself:

1. I don't have 24/7 Internet. That means I just can't hop online and play UT3 whenever the mood strikes. I have to pack up my notebook, lug it down to the common library area, set it up, boot up, load Xfire and Steam, see who's playing what, and join a game.
  2. Until recently, I didn't have all the custom maps in the server rotation. Now I do.
  3. I've been working at trying to keep the TF2 server populated. Now that I figured out a root cause for the server's drop in activity, I can divide my time more evenly between the TF2 and UT3 servers without feeling as though I'm leaving a puzzle unsolved.
Nevertheless, I'll do my best to attend the next UT3 game night.

It may also be time to recruit outside of ToJ for UT activity. To my knowledge, we're the only Christian UT clan out there. Certainly there are at least a few Christian UT players who haven't heard of us yet?

EDIT: Before I vote, I have to ask: What's Battle Team Arena? Is that like Team Arena Deathmatch (TAM) for UT2004? If so, I loved that mod.

Last edited:
EDIT: Before I vote, I have to ask: What's Battle Team Arena? Is that like Team Arena Deathmatch (TAM) for UT2004? If so, I loved that mod.

yes BTA=TAM BFA=Freon

It may also be time to recruit outside of ToJ for UT activity. To my knowledge, we're the only Christian UT clan out there. Certainly there are at least a few Christian UT players who haven't heard of us yet?

I haven't tried any active recruiting since last fall/early winter. It probably is time to get the word out again.

Last edited:
I'm not skilled enough to enjoy Instagib. I need explosives, vehicles, and/or the ability to heal teammates to make any kind of meaningful contribution to a team.

I just put Battle Team Arena = TAM and Battle Freezetag Arena = Freon on the server. I think you'll like The Freezetag Arena because you spawn with all your weaps and when you get frozen you can be thawn out or you can thaw a frozen teammate by standing near them. Its a blast with enough guys.

I just put Battle Team Arena = TAM and Battle Freezetag Arena = Freon on the server. I think you'll like The Freezetag Arena because you spawn with all your weaps and when you get frozen you can be thawn out or you can thaw a frozen teammate by standing near them. Its a blast with enough guys.
Roger that.

I'll try to play at least a round or two of UT3 next time I'm on. I had been working on helping get the TF2 server populated after a dip in server traffic. Now that we've had a few nights with 16+ players on the server at some point, I can relax a bit and spread my gaming time across multiple games.

I had to take the vote mutator that allows voting gametype off the server because it causing problems again. Currently I have the server set to Battle Freezetag Arena because it seems to be the most popular of the gametypes right now on our server.

I had to take the vote mutator that allows voting gametype off the server because it causing problems again. Currently I have the server set to Battle Freezetag Arena because it seems to be the most popular of the gametypes right now on our server.
Fine by me. I've been enjoying the BFA gametype. :D

Back