Anyone looking to sell a smartphone?

Tek7@Work

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
I'm shopping for a smartphone to use for work. (My employer offers a stipend but doesn't supply a phone.)

I'm leaning toward picking up a Windows Phone since I already have Android and iOS devices for my personal use, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be using the phone primarily for email though I'll probably use it for calls occasionally as well.

I haven't yet decided if I want to go with Verizon or AT&T for the network (Page Plus or Net10 for resellers); I'll need to see what gets better coverage where I'll be working.

I was hoping to spend well under $300 since I'll only be using it as a work phone. :(

Though if I was going to get a new phone for personal use today, it would definitely be the Nexus 4. :)

I've had an HTC 8X since late November that I've really enjoyed using. It isn't a perfect phone by any means (non expandable memory, some quirks with the WP8 interface, smaller app ecosystem) but I really like the UI design language and for me personally it has plenty of apps that I needed. I saw this deal recently on slickdeals for a used Verizon HTC 8x via cowboom for $230 which is pretty good. (I paid $200 + 2 yr contract back in November).

http://slickdeals.net/f/5969362-Verizon-HTC-8X-for-249-on-Cowboom

Honestly I doubt you'll find a good, used late-model phone for under $200, or even perhaps under $300. I've been looking around for one myself and It appears that good ones are over $300 and the 'tolerable' used ones are around $200.

If you aren't willing to wait, you may have to re-examine your price range. Good luck.

You're probably right. :(

Going to check craigslist again, this time with lower expectations.

...Which I guess is anyone's typical approach to craigslist.

Do you mean the 3GS model or multiple 3G model phones? And how much are you asking? :) (Feel free to answer in a PM if you'd prefer.)

What network are they on? :)

Edit... that is if Tek isn't interested. :D

Last edited:
I got lucky on Craigslist the other day and snagged a working (and legal) HTC Sensation 4G in superb condition for $180.

There is hope Tek! Unless you've bought Icthus' phone... then you don't need hope.

There is hope Tek! Unless you've bought Icthus' phone... then you don't need hope.
Icthus sent me his iPhone 3GS earlier this month. I've since purchased an AirVoice Wireless SIM card and an Otterbox Defender case. I haven't activated the phone yet because I'm waiting for the stipend request to be approved.

I went ahead and jailbroke the 3GS and set up my work e-mail on it. It's rather handy to keep around. :) It'll be even more handy once I have phone and data service on it!

I see you got your phone already...z10 si the only way to go..it is a REAL business phone and it simply works..IOS and Andriod and Windows Phones aren't truly made for business..Blackberry 10 most assuredly is.

Back