Battle for Middle Earth CD-Key

Goose62

I was wondering if someone has this game and doesn't play it anymore and would like to give me their CD-Key so I can play it online with Elite. Please either post here or PM me, Thanks!

That won't work. I have the game and you are forced to register your CD-key online with EA when you first install the game. Once you have registered the CD-key it can never be moved (not even if you create a new account and want them to attach it to that account).

Goose62 said:
Yes, you can change it.

May be unlikely, but that's why I'm asking.
Where are you getting your information? I've had two e-mail conversations with EA and I've also spent over 30 minutes on the phone with two different departments and a supervisor fighting over this issue. EA does not allow it. Their exact words to me when I asked if I could switch my CD-key to a newly made EA name that I had were, "I'm sorry, we can't do that. You can go and buy a new CD-key, though."

Well, we might be talking about different things. I have never signed up with an EA account with the current CD-Key that I have (a borrowed one from my friend who is using the same one). I only have used mine for single player, but I'd like to start to use multi-player and at the end of registering your account and CD-Key, if it's not a valid key, it asks you to enter one <-- that's where you can change it if you want, but that CD-Key sticks with that EA account name that you registered it to.

Back