Battle.net channel op cga status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, November 18, 2003 17:15 CST

- Both cga.webbot.east and cga.webbot.west are disconnected due to valhallalegends.com downtime. This means both US East and US West broadcasts are temporarily disabled.
- Bot cga is currently disconnected from US West due to temporary ban. This means that op cga on US West is currently unmoderated.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

- I have been unbanned from US West but have decided to not host bots on the US West network until further notice. I do not want to risk being permanently banned from Battle.net and would rather delegate the operation of US West op cga to another community member or shut the channel down entirely (there has been very little activity on the channel so far, especially when compared with US East op cga).

- www.valhallalegends.com is still down and so is our live broadcast for both op cga channels; however, I have installed a module on the Christian Gamers Alliance that will stream channel text to our site. Click here and bookmark the page for future reference. I am hoping that this will be a temporary measure only but it does eliminate the need for a second CD key. Unfortunately, it means that only one webstream can run on one IP whereas both broadcasts could be run from my computer with webbot.

- We're still ironing out the troubles with the bot framework, so please be patient. I will announce the moderation of US West op cga if and when I host bots for the channel again.

Friday, November 21, 2003 03:48 CST

- valhallalegends.com is back up, but I have opted NOT to put the webbots back up; furthermore, I have decided that I will leave US West op cga unpopulated now as the majority of interest and activity has been in US East op cga. Again, if anyone is able and willing to host the necessary bots for both the US East and US West frameworks, please contact me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org.

Okay, bot's back up!
biggrin.gif
Read this forum thread for all the details.

Monday, February 9, 2004 21:54 CST

Bot activity has been sporadic during the last two days as I cannot seem to keep the bot connected to a US East server for more than five to ten minutes at a time. I theorize this is a problem with my connection as I will have sporadic slowdown and random disconnects from mIRC as well. When I'm actually gaming, I still have excellent ping, so I don't quite understand it myself.

In other words, the bot service is experiencing technical difficulty and will be up only periodically until further notice. If anyone would like to take this opportunity to take over the bot or create a matching bot on US West, please e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org and I'll get you set up.

I am shutting down the Battle.net channel op cga bot. Please note that channel op cga on US East is still the official channel of the Christian Gamers Alliance. If you are interested in hosting this bot, please contact me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org for all the relevant information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back