Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $6.79 on Steam

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is on sale on Steam today for $6.79.

I have no particular love for EA or semi-realistic shooters, but even I'm tempted to pick this up.

On a related note: Can anyone tell me if the game is worth purchasing if I plan to never purchase Bad Company 2 DLC? I don't want to drop $7 then find out no one's playing the stock modes and maps any more.

Tons of people still play and it's far from dead. @_@ It's like the rival to Call of Duty. It's much more realistic, has vehicles, a few of us still play it, AND you can kill enemies with a defib. Might I add that the Vietnam expansion is very nice too? >.>

Yes, I would still play it if you hopped online. Just make sure you can handle the game's specs, though. @_@

/me strokes beard sagely

Tempting, tempting.

But the beta didn't run very well at all on my PC. Did EA improve performance on mid-range systems (I'm running a Dell Studio 1737 with an Intel Core2 Duo T6400 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650) significantly since the beta?

No point in buying a game that's going to run like a slideshow on my PC and there's no demo (that I know of) to test performance on my machine.

Huzzah! I received Bad Company 2 as a Steam gift earlier tonight. :D

I'm about to load in to Unreal Tournament 3 for ToJ's Unreal Monday event, but I plan on downloading the game immediately after that. I hope to take it for a spin later tonight, but it all depends on my download speed.

I'm about to load in to Unreal Tournament 3 for ToJ's Unreal Monday event, but I plan on downloading the game immediately after that. I hope to take it for a spin later tonight, but it all depends on my download speed.
Well, looks like it's going to be an overnight download for me.

I started downloading BC2 around 9:15 p.m. Central, it's 12:25 a.m. Central now, and I'm only at 43%.

It should be finished by morning, though, so I may test it out tomorrow before or after TF2sday.

I picked it up also on sale. Just finished the single player and will be playing on the TOJ server.

I picked it up also on sale. Just finished the single player and will be playing on the TOJ server.

IMO, as a noob, I would avoid our server at the start...for me at least, Squad Death Match is one of the hardest gamemodes of the 4... I rarely play on our server because of constant dying right as I spawn... :(

IMO, as a noob, I would avoid our server at the start...for me at least, Squad Death Match is one of the hardest gamemodes of the 4... I rarely play on our server because of constant dying right as I spawn... :(

You should check out Squad Rush then. That's infuriating. xD

I had a blast playing BC2 with Keero, Grey, Sarugon, and Shadetaker last night. I'm not a fan of semi-realistic FPS games in general, but meeting the others in the Battlefield channel on TeamSpeak and playing on the ToJ server was much more fun than expected.

Now I need to spend the time to tweak my graphics settings and adjust my keyboard controls (I use ESDF instead of WASD; my left hand cramps up after a short while if I use standard key mappings on my ergonomic keyboard).

Back