Befor Guild Wars came...

Kid4Christ

What did you guys do befor Guild Wars? Were you playing another MMORPG? Were you involved in something? Lets discuss! Ill go first..

I use to play Final Fantasy 11 witch I loved. When I went to college I had to drop it because the internet was poopy...After, I just played regular games like Never Winter Nights. Then one day I really wanted another MMORPG. I heard about GW but figured just another thing to pay for and I was sick of paying monthly for games. Then I went to the GW website one day and so these words....

FREE ONLINE PLAY!

Then I said...

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!

I gatta get me one of these!!

So then I joined my first guild called Highwind witch Cloud G was in charge of. Then I woundered if they had a Christian guild and here I am today. :)

RuneScape, lol.

I still play it and lead a largely inactive (due to many conflicting time zones it seems) clan of around 20 people, though

America's Army. 34 honor. Pro at Bridge SE. Got good enough to finish 'em off with the sniper rifle without the bipod.

I'm best in AmericasArmy with the M-82, there's just a manly aura about the elephant gun-like thing that makes it infinitely superior to the M-24...

I didn't like the recoil on the M-82. You lose sight of your enemy for a precious second that doesn't happen with the M-24.

The camera zooms out while you pull back the bolt on the M-24, which actally takes longer to do than a quick BLAM! and a lightning right click

That and it has a clip, which makes for much faster reloading (and a higher clip capacity, 10 vs. 5 I think)

Played FFXI for two years, got to level 53 with a Black Mage. Realized I had played for two years and was HALF of the experience to max level, realized I didn't have time for an MMO like that anymore.

Got excited when I heard there was no level grind, came to Tek in Feb 2005 and asked to start a GW clan around the third beta weekend. Found a tiny, 2 member Christian guild that had just started named Spirit of Elijah. Rest is history.

Also, until January I was active in a 32 team PS2 Madden league that disbanded last year (a 56 yard field goal in overtime in the last game of the year kept me from going undefeated one season. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!) I'm also currently playing FFXI Offline (aka FFXII).

Found a tiny, 2 member Christian guild that had just started named Spirit of Elijah. Rest is history.

And then, in September, a new legacy was born, as an as-of-that-time unknown new member joined... his name: ChickenSoup!

Pre Guild Wars was a mix of various console games, mostly consisting of Smash Brothers and Halo 1 and 2.

played CS 1.6 and played in CAL alot for the last .....3 years, runescape a bit,

I played Diablo II for years, until the 1.10 patch started getting me disgusted, then by the time 1.11 came out, it wasn't worth playing any more.
I'd heard of Guild Wars, but didn't have the money at the time. bought it some time after the summer last year, i think... one day, i typed "Guild Wars Christian guild" into google, and SoE came up first.

Lets see... my life before GW.
i played whatever i could get my hands on really. i was playing KOTOR, numerous FPS, and D2 a lil. I also played Runescape but i quit that when someone tryed to stalk me and creeped me out. And also i was getting bored of it. I remember when i was first looking for a christian guild, i posted on some dead site and about 3 months later i was in Magumma Jungle, on the last mission before Desert, and i got this strange PM from idk who. It was really confusing cause i thought he was trying to like be one of those internet child kindnapper people, so i was really closed minded until he said, "well i got a christian guild who is recuting" then my mouth dropped. After that i went through TOJ/SOE mess of joining and two weeks later i found a SOE invite on my ranger. WOOT!

And also for some bonus points from Pastori: This guild has changed my life. I love it so much. You all have helped me out through life. For this I thank you.

hhmm....before GW.....

I never would have touched an MMO. I liked the idea, but I wasn't keen on the idea of shelling out $50 just to keep paying $15 a month there after. To add to that, for me it was FPS ALL THE TIME. You name it I played it to death. My favorite was Red Factions. I picked it up cause I had just built a new system and it had the high minimum requirements...plus I really liked the idea of being able to take out the ceiling...or the floor...or the wall...or just make a tunnel somewhere. I started GW during the preview weekend after I'd had enough of a friend telling me how great it was. I cracked and had to try it...and well.... I started a guild (highwind) just to get a group together and play the game, and actually had a pretty good run. Then things just sort of fell apart, and I started looking for something else. Never occurred to me that there might be a Christian Guild (that's just not something Christians do here), was I ever wrong... I found ToJ literally through a Google search and well.....here I am. Wish I'd joined sooner. :D

I still find it weird Cloud how we met again other than the other thousands of guilds. Praise God!

You guys ever play Starcraft? I was really hooked on that game for a while. I played it for about a year or two. I loved that game so much!

I was into FPS games I was a member of a pretty tight knit Group Called Anarchists --{A}-- of which I am still a part of but very Inactive. We played Mohaa aka Medal of Honor Allied Assault. And Call of Duty. And I am also a part of a community for counterstrike called JettClan.

You guys ever play Starcraft? I was really hooked on that game for a while. I played it for about a year or two. I loved that game so much!
STARCRAFT! i loved that game. so long ago though. The singleplayer wasnt great, i liked the online multiplayer but since Blizzard doesnt do anything with the game, people have.... ruined it. As much as i love the game, there is a huge warning to everybody about the multiplayer.

I played almost any type of game...and I still do. Except for sports games, unless its Blitz. And racing games, unless it Burnout or Mario Kart. PC is my first and foremost main love though. Consoles ain't got nothing on a PC.

Consoles ain't got nothing on a PC.

AMEN TO THAT!

The was a rumor going around about a starcraft 2 but it never happened. Do you guys know what happened to that? What about Starcraft ghost? What ever happened with that?

Back