Behind our Character names

i guess i might as well post the only character i haven't thus far...

"Onesimus Gabriel" - Useful Strong Man of God

not sure how that works with a Rit, but i liked the names together

So, since everyone is updating... i figure i should too... seeing as i explained wrong the first time...

#1 problem: Oradan Raene was a warrior i drew not a guitar player... in my pic he is weilding an axe.... IG he uses a hammer...

#2 problem: Josheb the Chieftan: not Josheb the chief

Ashley Samuels: No reason... just wanted a cool sounding name

Jordan Samuels: um... shes a girl... and the guys that i named her after wouldnt be happy to know that a girl is named after them... ok so I have had two best friends names jordan... so thats why i named her that

Deathblade Samuels: well she is a necro so she doesnt use a blade... so its not a true....

"Therismos Hagnos" is my favorite character. I used a Hebrew translator. It means "Holy Reaper" (He is a dervish if you haven't guessed)

"Azran the Wise" is my fire nuker ele. Azran is the name of a sage in one of my old video games that called fire down from the sky.

"Lethal Grip" is my necro. He uses MM, well, and touch skill builds.

Sleeping Princess- This name was created by my bro(but played by me now) and was made to make people laugh, a big cocky warrior with this name, ironic.

Trap Wack- ya so i wanted to make a ranger, and took like 2 seconds to make this name. Wish i could change it.

The Living Water-
John7:36What did he mean when he said, 'You will look for me, but you will not find me,' and 'Where I am, you cannot come'?"
37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as[c] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

The Hauss- Old nickname my friend gave me, used to be the name of my mesmer, then i deleted him and is now the name of my necro.

Feeble Wings- Apart of one of my favorite songs by The Swift. Explaining how we are lifted up by God even though we have feeble wings.

Today my soul is soaring
Way over mountains high
Though I can see the valleys
They are all just passing by
Its not that I am stronger
Look at my feeble wings
But Ive been lifted higher
Yahweh's lifted me in His own strength

PvP names- Sleeping Spike, Onethree Dredd, Sleeping Prince, Wand you to death, Sleeping Iway.... and many more, all meant to confuse you when we are doing pvp :p

The Secret Origins of...THE MIGHTY GERBIL!!!...rare, mint, posting

Long, Long ago in a galaxy far far away...the last survivor of the planet Gerbil-ton rocketed to earth. Growing up I took the name "The Mighty Gerbil". My reasons are thus...​

My father used to use the name "The Racing Rat" as a CB radio handle. Had a 6-7 foot steel antenna on the back of his car (later truck) which would move around like a tail. He never really raced though. "The Mighty Gerbil" is a successor to that name. :)

Naming a Gerbil to be Mighty is oxymoronic so it gives that underdog feel to the name. Considering I lose a lot it's apropo. :p

It's a comic book Superhero type name. I like superheroes. :cool:

Having a lot of derivatives with the same name (Gerbil) makes it easy for people to tell I'm the same guy. ;)

You don't see a lot of people named after a weak animal so it's unique and the Gerbil must be unique because he is a arty guy. :D

...And of course I am both mighty and adorable in real life so it was only natural... did I mention humble :rolleyes:

For mine:

Aaron Thunderbead: Well, I was working with a friend on creating a game (though it has not really taken off though) and we were doing a lot of the back story and story in general and one of the characters I had created was Aaron Thunderbead, though the Aaron part came from me playing baulder's gate. Plus, he's my R/W character.

Jher Soulbender: I was creating a Necro character and it sounded like a cool name. (My Necro/Monk)

Indibar Dhall: The first name came from a fish that my younger brother had call Indibar, was a beta fish... cool fish too, as for the last name I thought it went well with the first but in some small way I was thinking about the Dalli llamma(spelling?) or the painter or something. (my Paragon/Warrior)

Janna Balboa: I was showing a friend either Nightfall or the female dervish dance, I can't remember so I needed a name and I thought of a character that I had created for Icewind dale called Jannes (pronounced with an h) and rocky balboa for the last name. Though this character is my least played character so far, though I've been meaning to play her more.

Legandary Spartan- (Warrior) Spartan 117 was my for many games because i loved the Spartan warriors of the past and 117 was my favorite number (it's not because of Halo) When GW came around numbers were not aloud and i put Legandary with an A so that i could be remembered more (and it works retalked to a guy from a year ago!)

Pretty Boy Wannabe- (Assasin) This name stuck because of the starting assasin armor and his face made him look like the name. His armor has changed so i get some creepy responses

Legandary Commando- (Paragon) Commando was a cool name for a paragon and Legandary just sounded cool as well. So it stuck.

Gave His Life For U- (Elementalist) I probaly should have made him a monk, but i wanted a good name that could related to my faith.

I Heal For- (Monk) A good monk name and the guild Tag looks nice at the end.

O N E Life (PvP)- because we only got one life so live it for God
Bonded By Faith (PvP)- I am Bonded by faith, thru the thick and thin..
No Longer Alone (PvP)- It hust sounded good

My main Rob Roy Mcgreger (Worrior/ Necro) comes from a movie like braveheart based around the time when people were leaving Europe for America.

Grave Mistake (Necro/ Monky) Is a presere carictor I neaded something that would go with a Necro and it just seamed apropriat.

M D Bald Doc (Monky/ Ele) When you get wonded in the feild you yell M.D. M.D. so I figured a healer can go by that and then Bald Doc because he is a bald healer.

Mistriss Red (Ritualist/ Undecided) After all the argument and discution of whether or not you should play femail carictors :)(DREDD):) I figured Id make one the only problum was I didnt know any good names so I just named her after the coler of armer she is waring.

Argile Apophis (Paragon/ Monk) The name Argile once again comes from a movie Braveheart its the name of the uncle on there and then I figured Africa Egipt Ill take from Stargate so since this gie looks like the bad gie on SG 1 I called him apoghis.

Now the big one SHERMAN my name isnt actualy Sherman its Daniel but the nickname was givin to me by my freind John while we were at work at Carls Jr about 6 years ago I think and thanks to people like him and Dredd the name just kinda stuck.

My nickname is Glitch... has been since.... 5th grade... yeah.
I went with the name " Legado " for a while because i thought it more appropriate for role-playing games... then came to my senses and now i name all my characters Glitch...
So.....

Legado Hyde --
If you know me, i either play really really well, or incredibly badly... at almost everything. So i went with the principle of Doctor Jeckle and Mr. Hyde. incredibly good, or incredibly bad.

Legado Tominsy --
This was my first character ever made... probably should have re-made this character, yet i decided not to (back in the days of the 10 day Guild Wars Trial). So.... this was back in the day i though GW was a bunch of Role-playing, so i gave my character a Role-playing name, at least i thought it to be.

Glitch the Minotaur--
My favorite mythological creater is the minotaur.... thus

Glitch the Lifeless --
I just recently read and studies the scripture about if you want to save your life you must loose it; so i thought this to be an appropriate title.

Glitch Dante--
Couldn't think of a good name, so i used Dante, just an old name i love, next to Judah, Rose, Robin, Elijah, THEN Dante.

Glitch the Redeemed--
Another case of "i can't think of a name" so i just went with what i just read the previous night in scripture.

Glitchs Ranger Guy--
Do i need to explain?

He Who Likes Arrows - it's a ranger... sort of a tribal name. pretty simple.
He Who Wears A Hood - got the idea from Arrows, only this is a Dervish.
White Hot Monk - Monk (duh, lol). I thought his armor was white, but apparently it's silver... Anyway I named him White Hot because of his armor.
Amicus Dei - Named after my guild, only in Latin (Friend of God).
Sicarius Canthae - Latin for Canthan Assassin or Assassin of Cantha. Did you know that Cantha and Tyria were real places? I discovered that when I named this character and wondered if Cantha actually could translate into Latin.
EDIT: I think Cantha is actually something you find in foods, not a place... But Google search is overwhelmingly smothered in GW stuff I can't find anything about it really. (I even tried searching without words like gw, guild, lux, kurz, tyria, and elona, but I still managed to get GW stuff)
Also, it appears that Tyria is not a place but instead this pretty moth.
Cinnabar.jpg

Last edited:
Amicus Dei of [FoG];227129 said:
He Who Likes Arrows - it's a ranger... sort of a tribal name. pretty simple.
he also was jelouse of my ranger's name He Who Is The One so he coppied it :p

i have a new Char. some of you may have seen him. his name is Christ Is Uber Cool. and well....................DUH!!!! Christ is uber cool. he is a ranger, a trapper of all things.
Joey.

i plan on deleting my "Blade of God" Warrior and creating a new one that may or may not be played much. Either way it will be something similar to
"His Gideon Warrior": From the 300 men under Gideon in the book of Judges. They killed a lot of Midianties and did a bunch of cool stuff. they were like the 300 spartans, the elite core. so it will be something like that.

for most of mine...the whole SA thing is a tribute to my first online battle clan Shadowed Assassins. then with Manus Celer Deis, that means "The swift hands of the gods"

Back