Brainstorm: Official rules for admins

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
We all know that our admins have various styles of moderating the ToJ CS server. While a certain element of style is fine, I feel there should be some basic rules for all admins. For example, an admin should never use the admin_map command without first consulting the other players (well, okay, if the server was completely empty except for that one admin, that'd be fine).

Please note that these are rules for admins who have Admin Mod access only. I will be starting a separate thread for RCON users.

This thread is also intended to establish the order of disciplinary action on the server as well as allowances for exception to that order. If someone says "you're a poo poo head," a verbal warning is in order. If someone just starts shouting profanities and blasphemies over the voice comm, it's a one-way trip to the console with takeoff in five seconds.

So, discuss, people, discuss!

*bump* I went back and read through the original rules for players and admins and realized I'd forgotten how comprehensive it was. ^_^;;

Still, I'd like to keep this thread alive to discuss possible changes to rules. Brainstorming is always encouraged!

*whew*...I was scared it wasn't good enough for you! I worked hard on that thing!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Dec. 31 2003,11:00)]*whew*...I was scared it wasn't good enough for you! I worked hard on that thing!
Oh! No, no, the code of conduct is great. I was just hoping to tweak it a little, maybe add a "zero tolerance" clause for certain offenses. But it's excellent as it is.

Cheating is an instant ban, right? I think we can also use our better judgement to weed out those that come to our server for the sole purpose to harass us? What about a clause for a little harsher progression through the various levels of punishment for those that are only there to disrupt?

I usually ask them to turn their cheats off.  If I see them cheating after I warned them, I put up an admin_csay "so-and-so was caught cheating and was banned", then I ban them on the spot.

The reason why I do the admin_csay is because I want everyone to know that ToJ doesn't tolerate cheaters and will ban them. It kinda gives everyone a visual that a cheater was banned, in case someone else was planning on cheating on our server.

I also like to announce the player cheating...mainly to make them feel dumb for cheating on our server.

:|

Back