Bravely Default

I'm level 60ish and just starting that side quest, Spiritmaster Master's elemental immunity skills would be a great boon but you want something more.
You might try Magic Armor from Spell Fencer, Time Mage's Reraise, Hedge Risk from Merchant, ect.

Also add me to your buddy list, Abilink is full of win.

I think I am going to need to grind a bit. Good thing I got the growth egg early and jp up from the freelancer. :)

This is me on how I am going to beat these dragons if I die one more time...:mad:

Last edited:
FINALLY!!!!!;) one more dragon to go...no ablink or friend summons. Just figured out the pattern and what worked for me.

I beat the Fire & Dark Dragons today, playing on easy so I don't have to be 70+( I'm @ lvl 57).
Using 2 Damage Dealers
Always equip the correct elemental weapons to deal damage to that dragons element, if not switch to Spell Fencer.
Tiz: Freelancer's Examine,Treat,Endure/Ranger's Dragon Slayer
Abilities- Angelic Ward, HP 10% Up, P(/or M). Defence Up, Two-Handed for more dmg
Adea: Swordmaster's passive counters/Templar's Giant Slayer)
1 Level 10 Spiritmaster
just having them default to build BP two use the Greater Spirit Ward, repeating as needed.
Equip with and accessory that will allow you to keep this person going, dread immune stop immune, ect.
1 hybrid Damage Dealer/Support
Time Mage with job command of B/W (from Red mage) for healing/small elemental damage, using Regen on everyone and dispelling as needed.

Major thing is having Angelic Ward on everyone and equipping with good defencive gear/abilities, keeping on top of status effects.

I beat the Fire & Dark Dragons today, playing on easy so I don't have to be 70+( I'm @ lvl 57).
Using 2 Damage Dealers
Always equip the correct elemental weapons to deal damage to that dragons element, if not switch to Spell Fencer.
Tiz: Freelancer's Examine,Treat,Endure/Ranger's Dragon Slayer
Abilities- Angelic Ward, HP 10% Up, P(/or M). Defence Up, Two-Handed for more dmg
Adea: Swordmaster's passive counters/Templar's Giant Slayer)
1 Level 10 Spiritmaster
just having them default to build BP two use the Greater Spirit Ward, repeating as needed.
Equip with and accessory that will allow you to keep this person going, dread immune stop immune, ect.
1 hybrid Damage Dealer/Support
Time Mage with job command of B/W (from Red mage) for healing/small elemental damage, using Regen on everyone and dispelling as needed.

Major thing is having Angelic Ward on everyone and equipping with good defencive gear/abilities, keeping on top of status effects.

That is what I did. :) all the above pretty much. Thanks toj_grey for the tips!

Okay so chapters 1-4 are awesome; chapters 5-8ish really are pointless in some ways...final battles are worth it all!!! Plus the ending....did not expect that!!!!

Okay, no I am not doing another non stop play through of just this, nut I am going to start a second play through on hard mode and a fresh slate. :) I missed and went through some parts too fast I didn't enjoy actually reading D's journal until I realized its purpose which by then it was too late, so I look forward to doing that along with complete g everything 100%. Although I will be moving on to other games too, but this play through will be me sitting back and learning the weapons, armor, and abilities without outside help this time, I have some ideas and want to enjoy the game, which I know I will. This is one of those games that can be repeated several times, each time for something new or new strategies of my own. :)

Back