Broken keyboard

redflameent

Due to extensive gaming on my laptop, the up arrow key came off and now I don't know how to fix it. This means that I may not be able to play WoW until I get it fixed. I am trying to figure out what to do.

As it stands with the keyboard, there was a rubber piece that broke off from underneath the key that is now missing. I think this piece is needed so you can press the key and the board will recognize it. With that gone I cant use the arrow. So IU called Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said that as long as I bought the correct parts, they would indtall it for 50 bucks. A full keyboard is 48 bucks.

On another noter, I see that these keys are really flimsy and I would benefit more fom a keyboud thgat uis built for taking a beating than using this. So buying a keyboard is in order for me to game properly.

fom a keyboud thgat uis built

Is it wrong that I thought this was funny in a thread about a broken keyboard?

Reminds me of this comic:
kybard-dilbert.gif

Anyways, I highly recommend the Z-Merc keyboard with a special gaming pad on the side. I think the only one out right now is like $80 though :( I got a lesser model of it for $30. Mainly I love how the 7 though = keys are right above the 1-6 keys.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I thought this was funny in a thread about a broken keyboard?

Reminds me of this comic:
kybard-dilbert.gif

Anyways, I highly recommend the Z-Merc keyboard with a special gaming pad on the side. I think the only one out right now is like $80 though :( I got a lesser model of it for $30. Mainly I love how the 7 though = keys are right above the 1-6 keys.

Cant even buy one of those. I looked and says not available.

I'd just use WASD. You're closer to your keybinds then, so it's more efficient than the arrow keys. If you're a clicker, I'd really recommend you get used to keybinds. You can have faster reactions with keybinds and be using your mouse for something else while you're using your abilities, like targetting, moving, turning, strafing, jumping over and around your target to get at their back, etc.

Cant even buy one of those. I looked and says not available.

Aw, ok. I know my local Best Buys have the expensive ones, but I tried to replace mine a while back and couldn't find the original $30 one I had bought. So I ended up giving mine a good cleaning and it worked again.

Back